Wednesday, May 30, 2007

Dream of green paper and Gmail / LJ deleting fandom pedo stuff / Murder

Well, I did get back to sleep and had a weird dream. I don't remember any of it, except that Corey sent me green paper in the mail. Oh, and that I was involved in a long Gmail conversation with Eric and my sibs. That reminds me: I need to tell him whether I'm going on Friday or not, even though he knows I probably will. (MUST BUY A DESSERT / SNACK ITEM!) Rock 101's audio streaming stops for inaction now, which is a pain because it didn't previously do this. Ugh, now I think I'll see if the actual radio station works, haha. Man, LOUD volume from Team 1040 when I listened to the playoff games... but the radio doesn't seem to have any static for now!

I was reading the latest LJ News post (which has EXPLODED due to LJ deleting a bunch of stuff without warning), and came across a recommendation for Killfile to get rid of trolls with a single click. I'd heard of it before, but didn't install it then. Decided to do it tonight, but it wouldn't work despite doing all sorts of stuff with it. Adding LJ as a whole to the "included sites" didn't work after I installed Greasemonkey, so I tried doing the name / namespace / description thing - that only worked temporarily, as did "Killfile" in the menu when I clicked on the monkey head. (no, not Julius and Paul Frank...) Eventually, I concluded that it didn't work, so I uninstalled it. Going on Userscripts to find another version, I discovered LJ_TotalOblivion / killfile. That definitely worked, since I could see "this installed successfully" in the bottom of the browser, and the "kill / hide / OBLITERATE" options next to icons in LJ comments. Phew! Now to see if I can get caught up reading the News post / comments and such - I don't think I'll get caught up on bad baby names, but we'll see. (it's a bad time to be a "good" daughter! :P) Oh yes, and I blocked a few people today on Trillian before deleting them... *demonic laughter*


Today's Grisly Yet Truly Morbid Fact!

Italians were aghast when it emerged that a grisly murder that has gripped the country was perpetrated by an unremarkable middle-aged couple, who confessed to slaughtering four neighbours over a noise dispute. Olindo Romano and his wife Rosa Bazzi seemed to share the sense of national shock when they were interviewed on TV before Christmas about the murder of their upstairs neighbours. They echoed the suspicion of many Italians that their neighbour, Raffaella Castagna, 30, her two-year-old son, her mother, and a third woman had their throats cut on December 11 by Castagna's drug-dealing Tunisian husband. But now, in a twist that has gripped Italy and monopolised front pages, the couple have confessed to the crime after blood traces were found in their car, telling magistrates that they were angry about the noise made by Castagna and husband, Azouz Marzouk.

"We just could not stand them anymore," Bazzi, a petite housemaid obsessed with cleanliness, told investigators as she confessed to killing the two-year-old with a knife. "He was always screaming, my head was exploding," she said. In a well-prepared murder, apparently planned over months by Bazzi, the pair rang Castagna's doorbell at 8 PM, wearing gloves and armed with knives. Castagna was stabbed in the face by Romano, 43, as she opened the door. In all, she was stabbed 12 times. Romano then stabbed Castagna's mother, Paola Galli, while Bazzi moved to silence two-year-old Youssef. In her full and detailed confession, she told investigators that she cut the boy's throat.

The couple's well-laid plans then went awry. As they set fire to the apartment to destroy the evidence, a neighbour (Valeria Cherubini) arrived in the hall outside the front door, where she was also stabbed to death. Coming to her aid, Cherubini's husband (Mario Frigerio) was stabbed and left for dead, but survived and was able to describe some of the mayhem to police. But the key evidence that trapped the couple was the trace of Mr. Frigerio's blood, left in Romano's car as he and his wife drove rapidly from the scene of the crime to a nearby McDonalds to get a receipt they hoped would provide an alibi.

According to investigators who had bugged their home after the murders, Romano and Bazzi were heard to say to each other: "See how peaceful it is now? We can finally sleep well." Prosecutors in the nearby town of Como said that they would seek to try the couple for premeditated murder, while the couple's lawyer said a psychiatric examination would be carried out. Bazzi, 43, was unable to have children, which Italian media have suggested as a possible cause of her anger with the sound of the child's crying.

Culled from: The Guardian
Generously submitted by: Liz

**********************************************************************

From the Comtesse (ie. NOT ME): I find that last sentence VERY offensive! I can't stand noisy children either, and I also will never breed, but I don't hate noisy children *because* I will never breed: I will never breed because I hate noisy children! As Liz said, why is it everyone thinks that all women want to do is breed???? Personally, I think this murder is justifiable homicide. DO YOU HEAR THAT, UPSTAIRS NEIGHBORS??????????? TAKE A HINT!!!!!!!

*******

Wretched Recommendations!

Xhanatos has a book recommendation for us:

"I would like to suggest Gris Grimly's Wicked Nursery Rhymes, surprisingly found in the children's poetry section of Borders & other major book sellers. Grimly spices up old, dull nursery rhymes with his own twisted endings, and ghoulish art work. Within, you can enjoy his own delightful perversions of Jack and Jill in which Jack is revealed for the homicidal being that he is, as well as the carnivorous Little Bo Peep, and many others."

Gris Grimly's Wicked Nursery Rhymes

*******

Morbid Mirth Du Jour!

The Tragic Artist is a poignant little film, of sorts.

Thanks to Desmodus for the link.

Labels: , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home