Saturday, May 26, 2007

Dreaming of challenged women ruining my dinner

I had a weird dream yesterday: a bunch of my friends and I were meeting at a Chinese restaurant for dinner. My parents insisted on sitting at our table, but when Christon and Rich came in, they gave up and sat at another table. Steph waved to the guys and invited them to sit at our table. We got our food from the waiters' area - lots of noodles (possibly Shanghaiese) and rice, oh my! Every time I would get some food (like chicken), it seemed that the "different woman" Teresa - who shows up whenever there's food in real life - would find some way to bump into me or otherwise render my selection unfit for consumption. After a few repetitions of this behavior, Jon finally yelled at her - I decided to just stay away and eat in the waiters' area, since they didn't mind. The dream ended when we were all reunited at one table and chatting about various things. Teresa had long since rushed out, angry that we'd dare to yell at her when she was "doing us a favor" - she didn't know anything about the food that we didn't, and it was GOOD STUFF! Not sure what triggered this one - lots of crowds and pushing at the Night Market yesterday, though. Maybe my subconscious is confusing "different women," since I talked to Maisie for a while yesterday too! Or maybe my subconscious is trying to tell me that I'm headed down that path (again?) - oh no! :P

Random tidbit from yesterday: we learned that Cindy, Dianne, and their brother Tony are 6.25% white. Their great-great-grandmother was white, which explains their mom's greenish-gray eyes - wow! Reminds me of when I learned that Jen was part white ("I shine, not burn - Mackenzie"), and when I learned that Calla was part white too! (as well as her brother Acer - yes, that's his real name :P) My cousin Yvonne's daughter Andrea is also half-white, and Connie / Jenny / Winnie have a German-Chinese cousin named Felina that we met in summer 2001. Interesting stuff and so cool, haha.

Checked blogs: we've got lukewarm spit / guns / violence / looking ahead going on in Randal's blog, haha. No, I don't think my friend's a homicidal maniac in the making - he just has interesting thoughts on those matters. Although I wouldn't be surprised if he picks up some weirdness from me if we hang out anytime soon, haha. ... hey, there are musings about women and trustworthiness in here, too. Haha, quirky stuff anyhow! Steph's just been to donate blood, and realizes that she'll be in Toronto in June: guess I'll have to ask her to sign a bunch of cards pretty soon, maybe when the Memorial Cup is done! This week, my phone is DEFINITELY on (even in muted mode - I should change that and my alarm for tomorrow), so I shouldn't have any annoying problems in that regard. YAY!

Labels: , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home