Sunday, May 27, 2007

Your birthday gift's already literally in the bag, so too late! :P

Hey, Tobias emailed me back some of his favorite Bob and Tom clips in exchange for the Seattle Phone Pranks Records For Sale. (Bob and Tom are from Indianapolis, I assume) The clips are Trucker Clock, Donnie Baker - Team Names, and Dickens Cider. Seems fair enough exchange to me!

Got to church (Steph will get her passport AFTER Mexico because of timing issues, no matter what Dad advises her to do with human drop boxes!), with my mom saying I should "look after Harmony because Jon's clueless" - there are some things she doesn't have to tell me, mainly because I was already thinking of that. She also thinks that Jen and Jeremy would be a good match - regardless of the fact that Jen has a relationship with a guy named Greg, I don't know if her logic would be good. (and I don't want to ask... matchmaking!) Chatted with Harmony, Jen, and Joey briefly before we all went into service AFTER my mom tried to direct us in (seriously, we don't need to be micromanaged!) - Jeremy followed close behind, and we wondered where his parents were: getting ready to leave! Since Harmony didn't care where we sat, we managed to find enough room for the three of us right by Randal and a few others. Discussed the Night Market and other things before service started, heh.

Shared a few laughs over the G8 symbol on this month's edition of the Church Construction Project newsletter - Jeremy joked that our church was certainly getting influential around us! Today, a bunch of architectural awards... tomorrow, the world! (haha...) Phil's sermon was on humility and submission (arguments! NO!)... interesting, and I can think of a few areas where I need work. Sigh... that's just how it goes! Heard that Henry's great-grandma finally (only because they expected it weeks ago) died a few days ago at the age of 104 - this weekend is the funeral, so I guess Awana remains to be seen!

Someone's cellphone / pager was making a noise when Jon prayed in the latter part of the service, so Randal wondered to me whether I'd heard the cows. Haha, what WAS up with the farm animals? First, we get human babies / toddlers (Benjamin, Hannah, Joshua, etc.)... then we get stuff that sounds like bovines. Wonder what's next... or perhaps I shouldn't, lest we have rampaging leopards / chimpanzees next week! Harmony immediately noticed Andrea's misspelling of "Senior" in the Powerpoint on the Sunday School open house, red underline or not... yup, that's pretty noticeable! After service and checking out Eric's hair, I confirmed with Randal that he did like shiny things (no wonder he likes my Angel hat!): he showed me that he was using the Holland America keychain. Even if I don't need visual confirmation, that was cool.

He joked that he'd have popcorn and beer while staring at an empty screen on Monday nights now - haha, you make your own fun, dude! Once we got out to the back parking lot (with my explaining to Harmony that this is what we do after service - her first Sunday here!), Jeremy's parents were waiting for him in a car, so he left right away. We joked about how shiny bling would be my next birthday present to Randal. Not quite, although I do have something planned! When he heard that, Randal went all "You don't have to..." on me - TOO LATE, SO DON'T SAY ANOTHER WORD! (I already bought the thing, and I ain't returning / regifting it! :P)

Harmony said something about diamonds on watches, so of course I had to show her my "bling" watch which I got from one of those kiosks in the mall. Randal wanted to see it (of course he's interested in shiny things :P), and I let him. Then he noted that the sticker was still on the back of it (too lazy / clumsy to take it off), so he cited possible irritation as the reason he wanted to remove it - fine by me! He suggested I wear it, so I left it on till later. Talked about a bunch of other stuff till he left to go to the open house - that encounter went reasonably well, haha. My dad came into the parking lot and wondered about a certain license plate number: since it was Sam's car, my brother joked that it had been nice knowing him! Jason, Cordia (who'd gotten my email - "morbidity rocks!"), Mike, Mark, Joey, Chris, Quan, Joyce, and others went with him to see what had happened.

Cindy came up and started talking to Harmony about the babies: Nathaniel's the oldest of them, and baby Hannah is so cute! While she was doing that, I went up to Hannah's dad Lee and gave him a birthday card. Should have asked Chrystal what the small group talked about yesterday, but maybe next week if I'm there! Sam and his friends got back as Jon was introducing Daniel to Harmony, and said that some random Caucasian guy had scratched Sam's car - at least he didn't do a hit and run! Daniel told us that Michelle was totally bored in Comox since everything closes at 5, and the bus stops running at 6: she didn't bring her car for the radiology thing, and her bus pass / bike wouldn't be very practical. At least she gets back this week, with Daniel taking a sick day! (yay for government and substitute teachers... too bad Harmony doesn't get that in her job at a book publishing place!)

Eric said he was going to the Memorial Cup game, so wanted me to let my mom know about keeping his order of Asian food for him - no carrying it around for HIM! Of course, and he'll be "leading" Spiritual Formation on Friday... he hopes he's not doing Resonate! I went to toddler Sunday School after saying hi to Jackie, and little Sean was actually pretty good today - he seems to like puzzles, and said "Z" when he saw one of my rainbow stickers! (it did look like a letter Z...) Rachel's grandma gave me a bunch of Chinese treats - little round dough balls with candy topping? ROCK ON! Afterwards, I listened to Lawrence trying to memorize Take It To Heart verses to his little brother Andrew - reminds me, I should at least try doing it! Saw Eric T., who I thought was GONE: turns out he leaves tonight, and will be gone till September - we wished each other a good summer, at least. Listened to Tony, Citrus, Christon, Sam, his brother Jeremy, and other guys talking about gaming - so boring to me. Talked to Jen and Karen about Greg, cosmic bowling, anniversary surprises, Resonate, food, the sanctuary, Eric, and Steph's bra story - so funny! ("Viv" in that context doesn't mean Vivian L., but Vivian S.)

Showed Mom my FINAL EXITS book (for Cordia) - she was appalled, haha. Said hi to Natalie, and asked Hannah whether she'd finished all the candy yet: nope! Good thing for her teeth... also, I don't have another stash at the ready, haha. Had lunch at Pho before going to Joshua's thing - he and his new wife Jessica (she's Mexican) just got married yesterday, and will be honeymooning in the Dominican Republic! We met a few people, heard Josh's love story, shook hands with his new father-in-law, and saw a series of pictures on a laptop / a DVD slideshow on the TV. Talked to Joshua's brother Caleb for a bit about construction / Regent / Trinity / theology / Catholic perspective / professors, and got a brief tour of his band room - the funky colors are still in evidence downstairs like they were in late 2005! Also saw Lucas, which was cool - COUSINS!

Later, we dropped Jon off at the church - I suggested that Harmony go shopping at Oakridge if she was that bored waiting for people, but she doesn't like shopping. He told the guys that she doesn't mind paying for his stuff - score from his point of view! Joey's working now because the money will all go bye-bye when he does have a girlfriend, haha. Told Jon about my plans for tomorrow, and why Eric H. couldn't hang out last weekend - certain things do have a more important priority, and I totally understand it. We thought that the Giants play-by-play announcer would definitely lose his voice since he seemed very excitable - especially when they won 3-1 against the Medicine Hat Tigers, with an empty-net goal at 19:17 of the third as insurance. (Mom thought I'd go with Jon - who was suggesting the Whip to Harmony - but NO! I needed to get home and do things such as this update - give them some time to themselves / others, too!) Haha, there are definitely some things about this day that I'll have to tell certain people! (Mom's thoughts on Jen and Jeremy, for example...)

Labels: , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home