Wednesday, May 30, 2007

It's TO, not TOO! / Ponderosa's Steak Ager

Earlier tonight, I was talking to an online friend. Eric / Sleestak always asks me, "What are you up too?" and I always correct him. Tonight, I felt like correcting him even more so than usual. I even explained why that word was wrong, and asked if he understood. His response: "Nah, it's more fun this way." I told him it definitely was NOT fun because it wasn't CORRECT. His response before he signed off: "Yeah, and?" *rolleyes*

I don't think I'll talk to him anymore after that. Pity, since he seemed otherwise intelligent. I see enough of that mistake (and others) online without knowingly subjecting myself to it even MORE!


PONDEROSA'S STEAK AGER

Recipe By:
Serving Size: 3 Preparation Time: 0:00
Categories: Marinades, Copycat

Amount Measure Ingredient -- Preparation Method

1/2 cup Ketchup
2 cups Water
1/4 cups Lemon juice
1/4 cups Dark vinegar
1/2 teaspoon Smoked salt
1 Onion, large, Wedge cut
1 cup Corn oil
3 tablespoons Soy sauce
2 tablespoons French's prepared mustard
1 tablespoon Garlic salt
1 tablespoon Coarse ground black pepper

Combine everything. Submerge steaks in it for 24 hours refrigerated and covered. Drain well and broil as usual.

When reading this latest recipe, I initially thought: "What in the heck is an AH-GER?" I just figured out now that I was reading the word wrong, and it should be "AGE-ER." Whoops. *blush*

Labels: , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home