Sunday, May 27, 2007

Semagic crashing / Awana / Ug / Planet Hollywood's Cool Running

Semagic crashed on me yesterday, so I figured I'd work things out today. Same result, with "a sharing violation / can't save draft" error messages... so annoying! Then I thought I'd remove the program and keep the registry entry, to see what it did - the same thing. So then I thought I'd remove the registry entry this time - no luck. Turns out the Semagic program files were still on my computer, so I thought something went wrong with those in the past 24 hours or so. I removed everything and did another install, which went just fine - the way it's SUPPOSED to! Had a block with the dictionary, though - it saves to DESKTOP, not to the Semagic client. Once I double-clicked on it, it installed properly, so now everything's good. :D (got my font / draft options the way I want them - too bad I have to build the custom dictionary from scratch, but whatever :P)

Awana was all right today: apparently, I earned points with Andrew's aunt by remembering her kids' names. Betty and Rita still gave me a death glare and didn't talk to me, however. Oh well. Henry and I discussed the Richmond Night Market and the Hillsongs United concert last night - he says it was awesome! Got to help little Jordan out with some things, and Cindy came back to tell the story today! (Nehemiah building the wall with a bunch of tools AND God) Amos says he's taking Socials 11 and Math 12 in summer school: good luck on the two provincials! Said hi to Joey, and Henry said his sister would take me home since he had a Fellowship meeting - fine by me, especially since her daughters actually talked to me! (bubblegum, knowing Chinese, TV, ABC Bible stories, Christmas bear with songs, being silly, wet tissues, Boston Pizza, etc.)

At home, Corey decided to insult me in Mandarin - never mind that I know little of it, and those classes I took a few years ago don't help with insults like "idiot." (sigh) Tried calling Chinese Eric, but his phone went dead since there was an automated message about the caller not being available or out of the calling area. (he did say "hello," but nothing more - see what REAL dead phones are like, Stephen?! *not bitter, haha*) Later, I called Jon to see what was going on tomorrow - he still has to pick Harmony up, but we'll figure things out in the morning. (I know we will go to Joshua's thing, as old family friends and his godbrother) Still later, Eric called me back to explain about his phone: he says we'll hang out on Monday night, which is fine since a certain TV show isn't on anymore! Guess I'll see what happens with that - dinner and hangout time sounds GRAND, plus I can give him his stuff which is on top of the computer tower. (the list of things for him to do remains the same - oh, and I must buy Irish Spring body wash at Shoppers sometime... DARN YOU, ADVERTISING!)


A Robert Pickton movie?! Oh dear.

Planet Hollywood's Cool Running

Here are clones for two of Planet Hollywood's most popular drinks. And, take it from me, they really hit the spot on a hot summer night. But, if you don't wanna feel like you were hit by a truck the next day, go easy on these babies -- they pack quite a punch. Serve 'em with a 7-dollar cheeseburger, and crank up some clips of bad Stallone movies... it's almost like you're actually at a famous Hollywood-themed eatery.

½ oz Captain Morgan spiced rum
½ oz Malibu rum
½ oz Bacardi Limon
2 oz pineapple juice
1 oz cranberry juice
1 oz orange juice
1 splash grenadine
1 splash Rose's lime juice
1 splash Bacardi 151

Combine crushed ice with all ingredients, except Bacardi 151, in a tumbler. Shake. Pour a splash of Bacardi 151 on top and serve with a straw. Makes 1 serving.

Labels: , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , ,

1 Comments:

Blogger Flami said...

The other side of the moon? Oh my. o_O

Sunday, May 27, 2007 at 12:37:00 AM PDT  

Post a Comment

<< Home