Thursday, February 01, 2007

TV tapes / Foreign smells / Kraft Thousand Island Dressing

Hehe... a certain person emailed me back about 24 and tapes. I think I'm happier than I should be about this. :P At least he doesn't have to wait for Christon to watch the first four hours since it's just the first two that Christon missed, and now he understands why Jack Bauer tortured his brother in the first place! (previous episode) According to Steph and Eric, his brother was quite the unsavory character in Season 5... he DID want to kill Jack beforehand, too! o_O

Corey's also giving me various suggestions about that certain person, none of which I will take! He thinks that Japan smells like vegetables based on the few bits of Japan that he's experienced. "Smells like vegetables or something is my mild way of describing Japan today. Back in high school when I took Japanese at the college I recently graduated from, a couple people from Japan came for a few weeks to help out in class, which was very helpful. They had this funny vegetable smell to them. Today, I got a Japanese Sega Saturn controller in the mail.. shipped from Japan... same vegetable smell! :P"

Reminds me of the Hong Kong package smell that I'd experience whenever my grandma sent us stuff from there years ago. According to Corey, stuff from Taiwan doesn't smell like that. His Taiwanese friend Jane didn't have any odd smell when she got to his place, even though he calls her Jane Smelly... he would! Apparently, I should listen to Daycare by the Redneck Pranksters to see why he calls her that... will do. HAHAHA, some guy (who's looking at care for his 93-year-old wife) deliberately mishears "Jane Shelley" as "Jane Smelly"! I understand it now...


Kraft Thousand Island Dressing

Here's a quick clone for one of the best-selling Thousand Island dressings around. Use this one on salads or on burgers (such as the In-N-Out Double-Double clone) as a homemade "special sauce." It's easy, it's tasty, it's cheap, and it can be made low-fat simply by using low-fat mayo. Dig it.

1/2 cup mayonnaise
2 tablespoons ketchup
1 tablespoon white vinegar
2 teaspoons sugar
2 teaspoons sweet pickle relish
1 teaspoon finely minced white onion
1/8 teaspoon salt
dash of black pepper

1. Combine all of the ingredients in a small bowl. Stir well.
2. Place dressing in a covered container and refrigerate for several hours, stirring occasionally, so that the sugar dissolves and the flavors blend. Makes about 3/4 cup.

Labels: , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home