Wednesday, January 31, 2007

Ontario phone calls, amusing MSN name tricks, Kraft Shake'n Bake (Original)

Whose phone number is 416-224-1061? Yes, I know it's from Ontario... but I don't know anybody there. At least, not with that number! Weird stuff, but at least I've avoided it!

Ah, MSN amusement is so hilarious! I just couldn't resist any longer, so I had to do the "respond to MSN name" trick. Definitely something to make me laugh! "CALL ME. I love you a lot." is about phone calls, no matter what Jasmine may say! Hahahaha, I love this kind of giggle-fest! :D (but Enrico would say I was on crack... whatever, dude! :P)

Mom says that Auntie Kwai is going to Toronto soon, so said I should call her. It was 10:30 then, but whatever you say... Kwai told me that she was just going to book the flight in two weeks, so I told her to call my mom when she did since we had books and dolls for the kiddies! ("OH! SO NICE! OF COURSE!") Heh, we haven't seen her lately since she goes to the Mandarin service at 2 on Sundays. At least I don't have to wait till October, although I dunno what Brigitte likes. Oh well.

Vanessa emailed me Sean's new address: good thing I didn't go with the one I had for last year since he's moved! After that, I wrote up his birthday card and Sheena's... along with a couple of late Christmas / birthday cards for Katya, Billie, and others. All my sibs have to do on Friday / Sunday is sign Sean and Sheena's cards, then I will hopefully have Evan's stuff and everyone else's in the mail by this time next week!


Kraft Shake'n Bake (Original)

Need a recipe that copies Shake'n Bake in a pinch? Or maybe you don't feel like going to the store for the real thing. Here's the TSR solution for a quick clone that will give you the same texture and flavor of Kraft Shake'n Bake using very common ingredients. You may notice the color is a bit different in this clone when compared to the real thing. That's because this recipe doesn't include beet powder, which is a hard-to-find ingredient that lends a dark orange tint to the original. But after you sink your teeth into the chicken (baked the same way as described on the Shake'n Bake box), you'll swear it's the same stuff. When you're ready to get shaking and baking, use this breading on 2 1/2 pounds of chicken pieces or on 2 pounds of boneless, skinless chicken breasts.

1/2 cup plus 1 tablespoon corn flake crumbs
2 teaspoons all-purpose flour
1 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon paprika
1/4 teaspoon sugar
scant 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
scant 1/4 teaspoon onion powder

1. Combine all ingredients in a small bowl, and stir to combine.
2. Prepare chicken following the same technique as described on the box of the original mix using 2 1/2 lbs. of bone-in chicken (6 to 8 pieces, with or without skin) or 2 lbs. boneless skinless chicken breast halves. Preheat your oven to 400 degrees, then moisten the chicken with water. Use a large plastic bag for the coating and use the same steps as described on the original package: "Shake moistened chicken, 1 to 2 pieces at a time, in shaker bag with coating mixture. Discard any remaining mixture and bag. Bake at 400 degrees in ungreased or foil-lined 15 x 10 x 1-inch baking pan until cooked through."

BONE-IN: 45 minutes / BONELESS: 20 minutes. Serves 4.

Labels: , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , ,

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

416-224-1061 is CIBC VISA, or someone claiming to be with CIBC VISA, and they want you to have a CIBC VISA, or so they say.

I've contacted them about the numerous phone calls and reminded them that they shouldn't be doing that.

Don't these people (CIBC) have enough money? Do they have to call you during dinner? These goofs make me furious.

Thursday, April 19, 2007 at 1:48:00 PM PDT  
Blogger Flami said...

You'd think they do have enough money! Oh man. It's a good thing I usually leave my phone off so I don't have to deal with those people, although I'd hang up on them! Sheesh.

Thursday, April 19, 2007 at 8:44:00 PM PDT  

Post a Comment

<< Home