Tuesday, December 05, 2006

Supposedly rude comments, postcards, hard drive, HAPPY FEET

What the?! Someone left me a comment in my inbox intimating that she thought one of my comments to her posts was rude. While I can understand that, I was really trying to make gentle fun of her typo since she made it sound like her mom was killed in the future. ("Your mom was killed in the future? Whoa, baby.") I know having a parent killed must be devastating, but I guess text does have certain limitations! She said that she's writing a journal, not a mass media publication... and doesn't need a proofreader. Hey, I understand we all make mistakes... I try not to correct my friends' slip-ups TOO much, but this was really begging for it in an amusing way. Black humor is fine by me, but maybe it's too dark for her to get. I know murder isn't funny, but I wasn't making fun of THAT! She even mixed up "post" and "comment" when she said that the "post" was very rude, and she'd be deleting it soon. I could apologize, but I've learned not to step on people's toes when it comes to that. Wouldn't do any good anyhow, since she's a newbie to my list and wouldn't get my brand of humor. Enough of that, and on to the events of my day! (but if you want to bug me about that, go ahead?)

Today, I bought far too many postcards considering their eventual price, then later noticed some neater ones at Chapters where I was killing time / going to the washroom. Oh well, maybe sometime next year! Before I bought the postcards, I mailed everything off to various places. (including Singapore, England, and Finland) I also bought some chips and Arizona Red Apple green tea with ginseng / honey to serve as a quick snack / dinner, some citrus shampoo and conditioner from Loonie Plus, four different dragon bookmarks (plus a bookmark with the Chinese character for "love" on it) and the latest Bathroom Reader (Uncle John's Curiously Compelling Bathroom Reader #19) from Coles, and the thing I've been waiting for!

Yes, I finally got the hard drive from Hard Drive Dude. I got to the Skytrain station with time to spare, so got out a book to read. After a few minutes, some dude in a leather jacket who looked kinda like Deren (erislover) came up to me and asked whether I was Leslie. Yup, so he said that he was Tim, the hard drive person. I believe he thought I wasn't with it as he had to confirm who I was! Haha, not quite losing it yet! After he said that I could email him if I had any problems hooking it up (and said all I had to do was hook it up) and thanked me, we went our separate ways.

I stopped off at Chapters for a brief while before going off to Silvercity. So many shiny books... which of course I can't buy! If I stay home for some time, I should be fine as far as money goes this month anyhow! I'm sure Eric will be VERY impressed to learn that his birthday present of a Chapters giftcard went toward the purchase of a Bathroom Reader, haha. (and also that I thought my phone was on during Friday evening when it was really OFF!)

Got to Silvercity at 6:30, and had time to finish my green tea and chips before I saw my grandma looking around for me. I hailed her down: she offered to buy me popcorn, but I told her it wasn't necessary. Mom was parking before she bought tickets, so we waited for her. HAPPY FEET was so cute and interesting! (I should tell my brother that his girlfriend might like it, but I don't know her as yet!) Penguins - yay! Grandma thought Mom wasted her money on her ticket since she couldn't understand it, but at least didn't say that to her. Afterwards, we all went to Tsim Chai for wonton mein and jellyfish with duck legs. Mom says Alan and Liz are coming back on Monday, but are staying at a friend's house till Thursday since they know Jon has exams till next Friday. I know he has papers and stuff to do because he indicated that on his Evite reply of "maybe." The lack of Fellowship on Friday just might help him with doing that, haha.

Labels: , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home