Monday, December 04, 2006

Christmas letters, return to sender, sunflower chocolate balls, hard drives, worms

Haha. My mom wants the three of us to "edit, add, or delete" a Christmas letter so she can send it to "oversea" friends. While I'm sure we wouldn't add the letter, deleting it might just incur her wrath! ("But you told us to delete it....") Of course I know what she really means... it was just amusing! It's like what she says to us from time to time: "You sometimes always *insert action here* " Pick one or the other, since "sometimes always" kinda sounds like an oxymoron! (reminds me of what was on the radio yesterday: "I kinda really like it"... my sister turned to me and asked how that was possible!)

Hmm. Darren Morrison's birthday / Christmas cards got sent back to me! ("Return To Sender: Doesn't Live At Address") I guess I'll send him a quick email to see where he's at now. If he doesn't respond in a few weeks or so, I'll just have to conclude that it was a good five-year (almost) friendship. *sigh* But I did get something else in the mail: chocolate sunflower seed balls from Singapore from Dewitta (doublu). At first, I saw "SUNFLOWER SEEDS" on the package and wondered what was going on! But then I read the rest of the package, which explained things.

At least Hard Drive Dude says tomorrow afternoon or evening works for him. The overnight rain washed away some of the snow, so I don't have to worry about that or any body issues! All I have to do is make sure that I don't give him a time that's TOO late, although traveling in the dark won't be THAT much of a concern if the snow's melted. Eh... I'm thinking that perhaps 3-4 PM would be good, at Broadway? That DOES have a lot of a certain bad element, but I know that station... better than going all the way out to 22nd Street! Or perhaps it should be Waterfront? Whatever has an elevator or stairs, I guess... I do NOT do well on escalators!

I had a weird dream which involved (among other things) going to my computer in the middle of the night to discover a blinking orange Trillian message from Hard Drive Dude, giving me directions on taking the LEFT stairway at a certain Skytrain station. Then somehow, a bunch of my friends and little kids showed up to say that we shouldn't have contact with one of my friends anymore. The reason for that was quickly apparent: Teunis had little green and brown worms of dirt all around him, and we were very afraid of them! We went across a school field to sanctuary, and prayed for his soul. Very bizarre!

Labels: , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home