Sunday, December 03, 2006

I am way too polite... / Dinners galore / Deal deadlines

Even if the cranberry flavor at Dragon Ball is powdered, it's still better than powdered / fresh taro! Matt (jarethshair), Deborah (depine1pssets) and Nyssa (giggles_19) got my Christmas cards recently: a good thing!

I was running late this morning, but so were my sibs / Alan / Liz. We talked for a while in the car about our family nicknames and in-jokes. Alan and Liz are going to Victoria tomorrow to visit some friends to extend their layover here, so they'll be gone for a week before coming back here for another week. The day after they fly out to Toronto, Harmony comes here for Christmas. Busy, busy! We should take Alan and Liz to Shanghai Wind, for sure!

At church, we originally all sat together with Jeremy, but Daniel asked Steph to do the Powerpoint, so she sat a row up from us. Sheena and Steph found out from Rich's announcements that they were selling tickets to the ESC Christmas dinner on the 22nd. Later, Steph was complaining about it to Dylan, who told her that all she had to do was lose a bunch of tickets like he did once! (of course, she probably won't do that!) Jeremy, Jon, Nathan, and I shared a bunch of laughs from the sermon... as well as an "Ewww..." moment when we heard someone had been left for dead with their head dangling from their body!

I gave Jeremy his Christmas card after service, and decided to take my cues from him when he thanked me: I didn't say anything back. Guess I shouldn't feel obliged to politely say "You're welcome" every time someone thanks me for something, haha. Darn childhood conditioning! (not to say that being polite is BAD coz it isn't... it's just less trouble to not say it at times? heh) He took my Communion cup and added it to his and Jon's - Dylan didn't see Jon handing him those three cups at first, aiya. A bunch of people took the 2007 church calendar: Jeremy thought it was like a Western calendar (it's been that way ever since they started doing those a few years back), and remarked on the list of holidays in the back. It WOULD be pretty sweet if we lived in Australia, what with all those holidays they have! (now he also knows the holidays in Singapore / China / other places like that too!)

After taking the long / slightly icy way around to the back parking lot (I wasn't about to attempt the ramp!), I gave Sheena her Christmas card while she was talking to Christon and Karen about shopping and various Christmas dinners. The David Fellowship one is on the 10th, the ESC one is on the 22nd, and there are other parties and such to keep in mind! (Steph IS going to Fellowship on Friday, since her work party got moved to Wednesday) Chrystal was amazed at the number of birthday card / Christmas card envelopes in my knapsack: some are for mailing, some are for giving out, and some have cards I haven't really written in yet! She thought that would be heavy since the pocket was full of stuff: not really, but I know I should watch how much I carry!

After watching Jeremy deliberately slide around on icy patches and talking to people, I elected to go inside to the toddler Sunday School. Turned out that Auntie Fonda and Auntie Tracy weren't there last week, either: Auntie Bessy told them to stay home, heh. Little Sean talked to me, even though I can't understand almost all of what he's saying... definitely in his own world, but he DID say "train" when he was playing with one! He even let his hand rest in mine for a bit, which is touching when you consider his challenges. Amanda told me to go away and "no take!"... sure, kid. o_O

After that, I went to the Yaletown Brewery with Steph / Jon / Alan / Liz / Ricky / Jeremy / Dylan / Christon / Karen. We discussed bargaining, inflated prices, the weather, four haircuts in a few months ("just cut it as few times as possible!"), various kinds of pizza (I helped pass Jeremy's plate for pizza at the other end of the tables a couple of times - he thanked me for that, too), the hot weather in Malaysia compared to here, Liz needing to warm up near the fireplace, NFL football in the New Orleans SuperDome, etc. There was a specially-labeled BREW KETTLE, which drew Jeremy's attention right away, heh. He also touched my water glass and Ricky's Coke glass to determine whether his beer glass was warmer: it was. Good times there, as usual.

After that, our car went to MEC for a while because Alan and Liz were looking for winter gear. Jon had to teach Jonathan at 4:30, so went to a coffee shop beforehand. We looked in the kids' section, the clearance area, and the underwear section! Some clearance / regular prices were expensive: $110 or $455?! I haven't been there since summer 2003 when I got a knapsack from them, and the only other time I was there had to be in summer 2001 with Eric's family before Fellowship once. Good times, with a nice green jacket for our efforts. Alan and Liz bought a hat each, one with a pom-pom (Alan's splurge at $17, while his girlfriend's was $6!)... I think Liz also bought a jacket. I waited for Steph while she looked for those two sometime later: I know the chair was right next to a plant, but I didn't care. Steph even took a picture with her camera phone, heh. After that, Steph took me home before they all went to Old Navy / Winners to look for more stuff. There were a lot of policemen at the synagogue this afternoon, and we wondered why: Hanukkah events? She can always ask Vivian: last year, Hanukkah started on Boxing Day, which is the latest it's ever started! (the Maccabi Games this summer had a lot of security, too!) Hey, it's gonna rain and wash away the snow... good!

I got home to find that the hard drive dude had issued me a deadline of Tuesday before he offers the 300GB deal to someone else, which is pretty understandable. It HAS been a while, and I'd have had it by now if it weren't for the snow and stuff generally working against me. Guess I'll be going out sometime on Tuesday, since I can't let that deal slip through my hands even though it could be argued that I could use the $100 myself! (I'll also be glad not to be carrying it around in my front coat pocket anymore, just as Jon was glad when he finally dropped off the Darfur cheques and monies to MSF after the "Grouse Grind three times in a day thing" that he and Jer did: what if that had been stolen / lost?!) Speaking of computer stuff, I didn't get a chance to talk to Eric today about the computer case / where to take the thing in to look at the motherboard chipset fan thing. He had other plans than the Yaletown Brewery, so maybe sometime this week on MSN or something! Oh, and it now occurs to me that I forgot to arrange a ride for Saturday with Richmond people. Maybe during the week... if not, I'll see.

Labels: , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home