Monday, November 20, 2006

.... 300GB hard drive for $100?! HOLY CRUD!

HOLY CRAP! Someone just offered me a 300GB hard drive for $100! People (Candy, Kenneth, etc.) have been telling me that it's a damn good price, and that's what I've been thinking myself! I thought those things cost like three million dollars, which of course is exaggerated. Suppose I should compile a list of questions to ask the dude, like what's on the drive. (probably nothing) Was going to sleep yesterday, when he emailed me back after I'd expressed interest in the offer.

He also posted the offer on Craigslist, but I got first dibs on it, so I emailed back to say I was still interested. Might as well get the pre-emptive strike in first before hours pass, especially on things like this! Now, if only I could find memory sticks for a decent price around here... Of course, this would have to hit during the holidays when money is tight as IS... time to be ultra-cheap while food shopping! (noodles and bread and such stuff?) I may be a cheap Asian, but I recognize a good deal when I see one!

Wonder if it's safe to blow compressed air into the computer fan to clean it, or if I'll have to get screwdrivers to take it apart. I guess I'll have to see on both points, although I guess it wouldn't hurt to try the air thing now... or at least when I turn this thing off for safety reasons!

Hey, I got a Christmas card in the mail today from Julie! (julie709) That's very good! :D Speaking of Christmas cards, I just discovered one that I didn't know was buried in the pages of my notebook on Friday. Oh well, maybe I'll get it off to the person this week, or after December!

Labels: , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , ,

2 Comments:

Blogger Reformed Jerk said...

A 320 gb harddrive from a place like NCIX in Vancouver only goes for around $124 brand new. This isn't an insanely good deal, especially off craiglist. Don't worry if you miss out. Plenty more when that came from.

Tuesday, November 21, 2006 at 11:24:00 AM PST  
Blogger Flami said...

Ah, thanks! I'm using it now! Haha, good thing I had it handy!

Thursday, October 18, 2007 at 12:38:00 AM PDT  

Post a Comment

<< Home