Saturday, November 18, 2006

Yay! Richmond doesn't have to boil water anymore!

When I got up today, white Eric had already left messages with me on MSN asking if I could bus to Cambie / Jacombs (and then asking whether I was awake yet a couple hours later). I ignored that temporarily in favor of checking my email: surprisingly, I was done with everything (including friends pages) in like half an hour. So then I typed to him in all caps that I was never awake, and that I was typing in my sleep. He wanted to know what approximate time the bus would get there, as he didn't want me to wait in the (heavy) rain, which I appreciated. I checked the transit website, told him the time, and was off to take a shower (which was okay according to public health) before I went to the mall to buy / mail stuff. Good thing I had enough money to do so after I cashed a cheque and sent off a money order, haha. (damn service charges...)

Speaking of the bank, Clement's ex Jocelyn was my teller today: nope, I didn't have to show her my ID card, haha. We talked for a bit about how we were, and she asked about my siblings too. She started working there in August, and it's two minutes away from home: seems so very convenient! From there, it was off to buy some security / bubble-wrap envelopes... why do I always leave long envelopes at home?! Bleh. Then I went to Yuen Shing: no caramel Pocky means that someone will have to be content with strawberry crush and chocolate. Similarly, no certain bookmarks at Coles means people will have to make do with other ones! Replenished my supply of stamps, postcards, and Christmas seals while buying Vivian S. a Hanukkah card... I know it isn't for some time, but I can be really organized when I want to be. ;)

Bought some milk / honey Pocky, a moon bookmark, and a caramel Aero bar for myself before I went to the post office to mail a bunch of stuff. Then I waited for the bus in the rain... when I got to the community centre, Eric was there waiting for me. I told him that the website was on crack, even if the rain made the buses even more not on schedule than normal. :P We had a car incident, but the weather and time were NOT on our side... so it was off to being stuck in traffic: we wanted to MOVE, especially since we were late! He asked me whether I had received the email about dinner with the AGM tonight: nerp squish, and it was a good thing he told me since I was kinda planning on Pho! I threatened him with dropping toilets on his head, haha. He asked whether I'd lined up for a PS3 this morning, so I asked him if he was planning on doing the same for the Nintendo Wii - nope, since that's on Sunday morning. Good priorities, even if he's not a Sony fanboy. :D (I heard "Days of Elijah is in E" as "Elijah is meaty"... oh dear, I'm going deaf already! :P)

I saw my siblings when we got to church, and Steph told me that Grandma is treating us to the Keg for Jon's birthday dinner on Sunday: HOW AWESOME! After a while of listening to Jeremy go crazy on the drums, I went upstairs where Karen / Jen / Vivian were. Vivian was complaining about a certain somebody inconveniencing her - I need to send him an email about something, too. Karen, Jen, and I talked about the rice / mango pudding / broccoli / peanut sauce / chicken dinner: I was very grateful for that since I hadn't really eaten much up to that point! Then we discussed various aspects of our personal lives and blogging, too. The strong tea was made with bottled water... everyone's toilet water seemed to be brown, and some showers had to be taken using the brown water. YUCK!

Billy and Stella arrived with baby Benjamin, whom everyone tried to entertain. Eric noticed his tiny Senators gloves, so people were bugging Billy about them: apparently, Stella just found them somewhere, so that was more acceptable than her buying them! There was a cute Old McDonald mitten, with animals on the finger tops and a book to go with it: he loved that! The AGM went all right: Jon kept forgetting that he couldn't second motions, so he got Jeremy to do it for him, haha. Eric, Vivian, Dylan, and Karen Choo are our new Committee in 2007: good times, haha. (I didn't really know that Eric was running for it!)

Jon wasn't impressed when I handed him a pile of cards to sign in the middle of the AGM (after I'd signed Vivian's Hanukkah card), but this would be one of the only times that he could do this when I saw him! (I had to explain that one to Connie, whom I gave her sister / brother-in-law Kenny and Winnie's birthday cards to later) We bugged Vivian by using some French during the meeting ("THE FORBIDDEN LANGUAGE!" quoth Jeremy), and bugged Dylan over his typo: "2006 objections" rather than "2006 objectives" WAS rather funny, haha. After the meeting, we discussed the Sunday lunch: Steph's going because of the Grey Cup! Jon tried to convince Vivian to go, but she has 10 assignments due in the next two weeks... ouch!

The "different woman" Teresa talked to me for a while, saying that my sister had "Susanna's voice," and that some guy at church looked like a white guy, but not really. (uh, okay...) Later, the guys and I milled about downstairs: Citrus really did not look too enthused about going to see Fiddler on the Roof on Sunday, which was Danielle's excuse for not going to the lunch. (we bugged her about the Edmonton Eskimos, haha) I grabbed Eric's water bottle for him since he'd forgot it upstairs: he told me that I'd deprived him of that experience / exercise. But I got more exercise by returning a pencil that Steph stole from Dad's office, so that was fine too. Jon and Jeremy had a craving for Steamworks (not Pho or Dragon Ball bubble tea, which Jen was too full for), so we dropped them off at the Skytrain station before heading home.

We tried listening to the radio to find out what the hockey score was, but Eric's radio cut in and out at the crucial times... we also cringed at all the cheap-sounding sponsors for various things! Good times, indeed... especially since Richmond doesn't have to boil water anymore! But I'll throw away my toothbrush anyhow since I did the same as Dianne: we brushed our teeth, forgetting that the tap water wasn't supposed to be used for that purpose! Hey, I just checked the hockey score online: we won 4-2 over the Blues, who got blown out last night as well. (we tried deducing the score from the number of goals that people got: at least 2-1, we thought)

Labels: , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home