Saturday, November 18, 2006

Not getting enough sleep, AGAIN / Virtual and real hard drives

WHY DID I GET UP AT 7:30? Evidently, my body doesn't think it needs to sleep, which is worrisome. Maybe I consumed too much bitter tea last night... Jeremy asked if it just tasted like tannic acid. I should have let him try a bit of mine, haha! The "different woman" Teresa didn't care for it, as she was telling us later. Everyone has their own taste, I suppose. :)

Oh well... before I attempted to sleep, I emailed Dylan about changing my address on the Fellowship mailing list. My sister said that at least he'd have the email right there... and thanks to Gmail's saving your sent mail, I have a record of it too. Hey, I've now been added to the list... excellent! :D I also emailed Twin Andrew the story we were talking about a few weeks ago during Awana: F. Scott Fitzgerald's The Curious Case of Benjamin Button. I didn't include the George Carlin quote it reminded me of, though: the kid's only 16, after all. ;)

I also made a backup of my computer data stuff, but I don't think it'll work too well if the backup is on the drive that's most probably dying. Eep. Maybe I'll ask someone to be my virtual hard drive backup for certain files since I can't email executable files to anyone! Or maybe not, since I just found Xmail Hard Drive via Google, and it let me save an EXE file. (Bookworm Crack) I'd like to know what "Using: 26 (1)" means, though... never mind, I figured it out. I'm using 26 MB (1%) of the total capacity of this Gmail account. Unlike what my brother asserted last night, my brain is NOT on permanent vacation! :P

Wait... now this doesn't work as well as I thought it did... it saves data in an incomprehensible Notepad format? Weird... hey, BTI WebStorage works as I'd expect. Problem is that it only offers 10 MB of storage. I did more digging around, and Media Max offers 25GB for free, which I find eminently reasonable! Sweet! It doesn't seem to save changes made to my documents, though. THAT SUCKS! Oh well. The multi-file option's also being stupid right now and refusing to let me upload anything! Sigh.

Time to TRY going back to bed... at least I set my alarm in case I *do* fall asleep! I'll ask my friends about real hard drives later since virtual hard drive storage space only goes so far, heh. Yeah, I also asked the Internet... we'll see on those two things in future, I hope! Someone says you can get 80GB drives for less than $80 nowadays... that's cheaper than I thought, but I'm wary now. (hehe, go figure... but sometimes I do take caution when it comes to the Internet :P)


You Are 46% Thankful

You are certainly a thankful person, and you tend to remember what's going well in your life.
You truly are a lucky person - be sure to appreciate how good you have it!


Just because I put "sometimes" to most of the questions... *grumble*

Labels: , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home