Saturday, November 18, 2006

Oddly stable cursor, certain people, cold food in a pot

Hmm. My cursor seems oddly stable now, which is something I'd have taken for granted just a few days ago. Weird... but perhaps I should look around for other alternatives anyhow: hard drive / computer external case, here we come? (heh) Who knows, since it might be the odd deceptive calm before it all comes crashing down. Good thing for the virtual hard drives, haha.

Before I went out to Awana today, I was surprised to see that a certain person had responded to a post I'd made asking for computer leads. I made my own choices months ago in a matter between us, which I'm still comfortable with. But still, that was a surprise to see. Of course, I was nothing but mature in dealing with it: just short answers were sufficient, haha. Internet people seem to be recommending NCIX stuff for my needs, so we'll see how that goes. (this is why I need to save money instead of spending it all the time!)

Henry and I talked for a bit about the water situation this week: it's still kinda not clear in Richmond, but it's all good as long as we don't have to boil it or be put off by its gross brown appearance. At Awana, Andrew was telling people about the power outages at his house just as they were going to eat some dinner. Somehow, I don't think Henry's suggestion of chopping up the turkey and putting it in a hot-pot style thing would work! Later, Andrew told me that he DID get my email, but of course he wasn't going to read the story (BENJAMIN BUTTON) now. Amos told me that there was a power outage at his school, and that each of the three floors had a teacher with a flashlight: they got to go home early at 1:45 that day!

Afterwards, Henry asked me what I was doing. It turned out that he WAS staying for the dinner, despite what he told me earlier. So I just did that... it was easier, and who could really pass up free food? The kids were so cute singing songs to the parents, and the Powerpoint presentation was so adorable featuring the children! Due to the water issues around here, it wasn't hot pot.. Emily described it as "a bunch of cold food in a pot," which was pretty much accurate. We had fish, broccoli, tofu, pig skin, and other stuff which was fine. Quan looked REALLY sleep-deprived, and Mike / Joey / Henry / the teen girls bugged Anita about cops and speeding. (her husband Jeff is a cop, and has horrible / bloody taste in movies) They also talked about Korean movies you could get online, the expensive prices at 7-11 ($12 for candy and chips?!), and tweens. Mike told me that he WOULD look it up on Wikipedia later... good call. :D

We all went downstairs later to peek / laugh at the karaoke session. Winnie didn't want to hear her parents singing love songs to each other, so we told her to cover her ears! In the sanctuary, a bunch of kids were throwing Uno cards around while Stanley practiced worship songs on his cool guitar. Some people went into my dad's office to borrow some stuff, so I used the garbage can in there. Later, I got Chrystal to give me my stuff from downstairs when Henry was ready to go. Interesting time out, heh.


Thanksgiving Horoscope for Virgo

You're the sign most likely to bake up elaborate dishes and make beautiful centerpieces.

Your signature dish: Turkey, cooked to perfection.

Your signature dessert: A pumpkin tiramisu that you thought up.

This holiday: Resist the urge to clean up - unless you're hosting Thanksgiving at your own place!


... that is SO NOT ME! o_O

Labels: , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home