Sunday, September 17, 2006

Wishing I wasn't old / Boston Chicken Creamed Spinach

The birthday wishes are already coming in: I was checking my bulletins on Myspace (evil site, yes...) and came across a message from someone in a band I added a while ago. Jimi from Flatlined rocks, haha. Even the people from Baby's Named A Bad, Bad Thing got into it... well, the automated function did. (I should go to those forums some day... I know Our Place got into it rather early, too!) Maybe I should join the Rock 101 club again, I dunno... I thought I was in last year, but perhaps not! Oh wait, I was in with the Graffiti email address. And of course I can't get in now since I forgot my username and such. Thank goodness they saved my info and I could get in using another method... yeah, I don't think Graffiti.net works anymore! :P

Helen says she and baby Nicholas can't make it to my birthday dinner: I understand that scheduling things around babies can be difficult! Eric H. says he can give me a ride to the OSF celebration on Tuesday, which is a good thing. Jon invited me to see some Fringe cabaret show tonight, but I declined... I think I should stay home and rest! Ah, the Nyquil is taking effect... the last few days, I seem to fall asleep after 45 minutes (which is how long it usually takes) and then wake up a couple hours later! Not good for Sundays, haha.

My mom wanted me to say please if I wanted them to pick me up in the courtyard as opposed to across the street, but I pulled the birthday card. Heh, that's one good thing... although I keep thinking I'll die. Yes, very morbid too! o_O

I WISH I WEREN'T OLD NOW, DAMMIT! There's just something about a new decade / milestone... 30, indeed...


Boston Chicken Creamed Spinach

Categories: Copycat, Vegetables
Yield: 4 servings

1 tablespoon Flour
4 tablespoons Butter, margarine, or canola oil
1/2 teaspoon Garlic salt
Salt and pepper
20 oz Frozen chopped spinach; cook and drain
1 small Onion; diced

In a saucepan, on medium heat, stir soup, flour, butter, garlic salt, salt, and pepper together with wire whisk until smooth and piping hot. Combine with spinach and onion. (MY NOTE: I'd substitute fresh minced garlic for the garlic salt).

Labels: , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home