Thursday, August 31, 2006

Dreams of Corey and blue seafood menus with Jane, and sharing a conference room with Rich

I had a dream which involved sharing a room with Rich at a church Summer Conference. Never mind that this won't happen in real life (like the infamous often-broken Rule #6, haha)... this is a dream, and dreams never obey the rules of reality! We didn't do anything untoward, but left each other alone to do our own thing. There was a blue laminated menu featuring seafood / sushi, such as what you'd see in many Japanese sushi places. Corey appeared in the dream to tell me that he designed the menu: it was obvious, since he made a few references to his Taiwanese friend Jane (as "Jane Hane")!

I decided to read about people having stillbirths and miscarriages, and they were suddenly pretty real to me. Not that they appeared in the dream with us, but reading about it in the magazine just personified the bad times these women (sometimes without partners) were going through! While I was lying down on the floor reading, Clement and some of the other guys decided to show up to the room and play with a red-and-yellow toy fire engine which looked like one of the toddler Sunday School toys! I was amused, and left Rich and the guys to do their own thing.

There was a tour of the conference facilities going on at the time, which involved my mom / Ivan Choo / several other "important" people on the Conference planning committee. They were following the head of the conference venue (not connected to the conference) while she showed them various important "points of interest." The group of people passed our room, and we decided to stand out and make some noise to let them know we saw the group. That worked out well, as they were surprised for a bit before they kept on going.

Then I decided to go to the washrooms (which looked like the public showers at South Arm), where some girl kept on bugging me even though I was obviously busy with other matters! I made the mistake of saying stuff to her, because she recognized my voice and kept on with her incessant inanities. Eventually, I had to call Rich on my cell phone so he could get her out of there! The dream ended when we were all back in the room just talking, and I woke up soon afterwards. About five minutes after I woke up and was just lying in bed, I heard knocking at the window... that better not have been my parents invading my privacy again! They've been known to do that before... heck, there was this time in 2003 that I left the apartment in order to run some errands / eat out, and they were circling the apartment complex with their car! o_O (I was VERY displeased about that, let me tell you!)

Labels: , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home