Tuesday, August 29, 2006

Seaweed absorbing air, finally doing laundry past 10 PM

Note to self: Your seaweed packets (and biscuits?) absorb air even if they're inside Ziploc bags. That's why the seaweed pieces stick to each other inside each individual packet, and why they're impossible to peel apart after (say) two and a half weeks.

Hey, this is the first time I've done laundry past 10 PM here! Don't get me wrong: the old apartment management basically ROCKED, but they had these hours on the laundry room doors! While 8:30 AM to 10 PM might sound quite reasonable, what if you're a night person / out all hours? Believe me, they did enforce these hours by way of locking the door with their own key at 10 every night. Now I have a key on my keychain that's obsolete (because you can now use the front door key to get into the laundry room), but I can't take it off. (I remember that Carson had to help me and Chrystal with mine a couple years back... little kids' fingers ARE good for that kind of thing!)

The new management may be dodgy, but at least you can (presumably) do your laundry at all hours now. I tested it once by getting my laundry out of the dryer after one of the SLB nights (past 11), and it worked! Tonight, I had this pile of towels and clothing that needed to be washed, so I decided to chuck it in both sets of washers / dryers after I took a shower. The only bad part about it is that one of the washer / dryer sets requires 10 quarters to operate. I didn't have that many, so I had to raid my coin collection. Goodbye, Harmony 2000 (2) / June 1999 (2) / 2006 (1) / Achievement 2000 (2) / Saskatchewan 1905-2005 (1), Health 2000 (2). =/

Labels: , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home