Sunday, August 13, 2006

Ben's farewell at Jericho Beach / Dragon Ball hangouts / homemade beer / the Transformers

Note: My LJ Friends List Farscape fate blogquiz, by Pocki.


Steph, Jon, and Dallas picked me up 20 minutes late.. that gave me enough time to finish my current true-crime book and move on to a hockey Bathroom Reader. We listened to a mixture of country / the Beastie Boys and Jon talking to Fred on his cell phone for almost the entire ride to the beach. Steph says she and Vivian S. went to Nando's and played old-time video games (DONKEY KONG) / her brother Nathan's Nintendo DS today. There was a little trouble finding the beach since we weren't at Spanish Banks where we usually were, but we found it (and Angus) eventually. Our friends saw us walking along trying to find them and waved us down. Steph wanted to BANZAI Jesse (someone was explaining to him how my siblings and I were related), but settled for doing the same to Angus on a log instead. (basically doing a WWF-style wrestling move where you sit on the person with all your might)

Jen, Vivian, Karen, and I discussed Jen's latest personal life dilemma and figured she knew what she was doing. We were raised to date people with a purpose, and not really to be a stepmom or hook up. Steph was telling Jon about it later, and he remembered a dinner they had last year where Auntie Beatrice was telling Jen a bunch of stuff she didn't want to hear from her own mother. Eh, it sounds better from your friends even if your mom's been through similar things. ;) (Jen and I both told Jon and Nathan to read her blog, which Steph didn't know existed... she can be quite amusing!) Steph told me and Danielle that Mom fell yesterday on some uneven ground: apparently, Jon watched her stumble and fall.. he didn't do anything about it! As I was telling Danielle, I'd at least make a move to TRY helping... aiya!

According to Christon, the people at the Safeway on 4th are kinda weird. The cake was supposed to say "Farewell Ben," but first ended up being "Farewell BAND" and then "Farewell BED"... we all thought that was funny and kinda WTH-worthy. Nobody was really there on time, except if they came right from the prayer retreat. When Mike got there with Ben and others in tow at around 7, we thought that was doing pretty well for Chinese Time! I gave Ben my gifts: he thanked me for them, and said that it was thoughtful of me. Heh, that's all I require in the first place... I hope he likes the Bathroom Reader! (Jesse was telling him that they were amazing) Then he asked Jon whether he had to look up the French he used: nope, he went to French Immersion! Ben also wondered whether the email address was mine or my brother's since it was in slightly different blue ink... it was mine! (he then said that I didn't sign the card... I showed him that I did, heh!) I asked Dallas if he was coming to church with us tomorrow: he's going with Myles, Peter, and Holly instead. Fair enough! (he hasn't found housing yet, but then his wallet being stolen put a damper on things: Nathan then discussed Cragslist with him)

Danielle, Sheena, Jon, Steph, Jesse, Jeremy, and I discussed my new glasses. Turns out Sheena also had new glasses recently, and Jesse will have to get some soon. Then the discussion turned to Jeremy making his own beer: it turned out to have a cider-like taste because of an infection of bacteria. Steph thought that would appeal to her, so it's a good thing he's bringing some tomorrow to Jen's potluck. Dallas and Jeremy are coming as well, and so is Dawn's new boyfriend: I heard he was Albanian, but I'll find that out tomorrow. Steph liked my authoritative tone of voice when I told Jon that he was BUSING tomorrow instead of taking the car to hang out with the guys after church... hey, we need the car to get to Jen's! Jen says that red wine will be available at dinner tomorrow: this should be good! We also said that the baptism was rushed because both Joe and Benny are leaving.. they sometimes announce these things, and sometimes not. Good thing I knew about it beforehand: nice for gifts / cards!

I also talked a bit to Karen Grace, Ryan, Anthony, Cindy (who gets cold very easily), Emily, Mike, Vanessa, Joe, and Dylan. Vivian and Jen were about to go for a walk when someone announced a group picture, so they stayed for that. Dylan and the guys were discussing wine, and being offered drugs on the Downtown Eastside near Hastings. Quite the interesting experience, heh. Then Jon / Steph / Vivian / Karen / Jeremy / Dallas / Sheena / I went to Dragon Ball later (Jon and Jeremy played the "squish the person in the middle seat" game on Dallas, haha) and watched four people play Big Two for half an hour. Jon got guillingao-peppermint, and Jeremy got starfruit-green lotus. I tried both of those: might as well join in the sharing now that I know Jeremy well enough, heh. (although I don't know what changed in the past six weeks!)

He recommended avocado-mango to us, so now I have to get that next time we're there. (they were there yesterday and Thursday too... three times in three nights... Jeremy says they always fluster the girl working there, and joked that she liked him!) We had to get home early since Jeremy had to make sure he was awake to boil a ton of water for his beer... Jon gave Sam's new cell phone number out to me and Steph as well after we discussed Awana. Now I'm just making Jon tell me about Jeremy's decent beer, heh. Good times. :D (Cousin Wilson also says to check out Transformers Movie... this is probably something Nathan would appreciate!)

Labels: , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home