Thursday, August 10, 2006

Laptops, potluck details, a cool signature that sounds like a curse, glasses, and being girly

Laptop arm dealies.
More information.

[20:56:22] Corey: I want a free laptop
[21:00:31] Flami: ROIMU time!: it's all spam... do not give in to the spam!
[21:02:34] Corey: I want a laptop for every room :P semi-mounted to stands with bendable arm things so I can put it wherever I want without it falling or whatever (for doing stuff while laying down or sitting without using the floor or table space near a couch or something :P
[21:03:59] Flami: are those things even a possibility right now?
[21:04:36] Corey: I don't see why not
[21:05:01] Corey: it'd have a pretty limited range, of course.. near wherever the arm is mounted :P
[21:05:44] Corey: you know those flexible metal things? I don't know how to describe it.. the reading lights on my lamps are on those.. they bend pretty much whichever way you put them
[21:06:37] Corey: get a flat piece that you can attach the laptop to somehow.. maybe even just some Velcro or something... have it on an arm like that.... only problem might be weight. maybe having two of those arm things would work
[21:06:57] Corey: I could probably get some of that stuff from Home Depot or something... throw something together and see if it works
[21:07:56] Corey: I wouldn't want it to be permanently mounted, though... if it's a laptop, it'd be nice to easily take it off and go wherever with it
[21:13:10] Corey: I end up reading comics or watching movies on mine before I go to bed, while I'm lying down... It'd be nice if I had a way to basically suspend it in midair wherever I need it tilted whichever way I want :P
[21:16:42] Flami: yeah, those flexible metal things are cool... that would be really useful, but suspending it in midair?
[21:37:31] Corey: well... it wouldn't be in midair, obviously... it'd be on that arm :P positioned where I want it in front of me, angled to the side (if I'm lying down) or whatever :P
[21:44:56] Flami: ROIMU time!: yeah, that would be cool... why am I thinking of things suspended in midair?

Jen emailed us details of the potluck: "Potluck will be served at around 7 PM. Please expect to arrive around 6:30 PM. As far as food is concerned, we still need one vegetable dish, one appetizer, and one (non-alcoholic) beverage. Those who are still undecided, please email me what you decide by Saturday; that way, we will not have 'doubles.' So far, there are twelve people attending." Twelve?! Let's see... from this email, I count Jen / her mom / Dawn / Vania / me and my siblings / Eric M. / Nathan / Dylan / Vivian. That's 11, unless the 12th is Karen... guess I'll find out later! I'm like my sister: we don't RSVP and then back out of it since we're COMMITTED! :P

I like this signature I saw at a message board: May the fleas of a thousand camels infest the crotch of the person who screws up your day, and may their arms be too short to scratch!

I was going to either delete all my one-use tags or append them to pre-existing entries. But then I figured that would take way too long. :P

I'll have to pick up my glasses myself at the factory outlet tomorrow... good thing I have a free day so I can go to the mall / bank later if needed! (or Milestones to see if they still have that special on, haha) According to my sister, "It's exactly at 7th and Ash. Take the 98 to Broadway, then the 99 to Cambie. Walk to 7th (towards downtown) and head west (left) one block. OR Walk to the Cactus Club (on Broadway and Ash) and walk to 7th from there." I hope I don't get TOO lost, heh.


Here's a "being girly" meme from Tracey:

I don't think I'm a stereotypical girly female, but let's see here... 22 out of 95 here. Nope, I won't get mistaken for one of those anytime soon. Haha.

[] My fingernails / toenails are almost always done.
[] During the summer, the only shoes I wear are flip-flops.
[] My favorite toys as a child were Barbies.
[x] My favorite colour is pink or purple. (purple, yes... NOT PINK! although I say this while wearing my pink "AVEC LES COMPLIMENTS DE VICTOIRE" shirt, haha...)
[] I did gymnastics.
[] I love skirts.
[] Hollister is one of my favorite places to shop.
[] Tight jeans are the only jeans I'll wear.
[x] I love chocolate.
[] I've never had a real job.
[] My hair is almost always straightened.
[] I have at least 8 Myspace pictures.
[x] I usually go shopping once a week. (maybe once every week and a half on average)
[] I love to hang out at the mall with friends.
[] I have a real diamond ring or diamond necklace or earrings.
[] I've gone to a tanning salon.
[x] I've gone to the beach to tan / read.
[] I have at least 10 pairs of shoes.
[] I watch either the O.C. or Laguna Beach. (Gross!)
[] I change my icon weekly.
[] I wear a shower cap.
[] I don't shop at Hot Topic.
[] My cell phone might as well become a part of me.
[] I wear mascara everyday.
[x] I've been or am on a diet.
[] Bathing suits are adorable.
[] I don't know the difference between a sheep and a goat. (That's a scary question... there are non-kid types like that out in the world?!)
[] Big sunglasses are hot.
[] I have gotten my nails done before.
[] MTV is one of my favorite channels.
[] All I want to do at sleepovers is talk about boys!
[] I love to have girls do my hair.
[] I give and receive hugs from all my friends. (At times, but not constantly!)
[x] I hate bugs.
[] Carnivals are so fun!
[] Summer is THE best season.
[] My swimsuit has 2 pieces.
[x] I'm waiting for my knight in shining armor.
[x] Musicians are so hot.
[] You write me a poem and tell me I'm beautiful, and I'm all yours.
[x] I am self-conscious.
[] I cry often.
[] My car smells like vanilla or cherry.
[x] My dishes get washed more than once a week.
[x] I don't do sports.
[x] I HATE to run.
[] I squeal when I am surprised or angry.
[x] I eat dried fruit as a snack. (Sometimes... I need to get into that again!)
[] I love romance novels. (Not really, no!)
[] Drew Barrymore is so cute.
[] I dance a lot.
[] I usually spend an hour or over to get ready to leave my house. (Sometimes, depending on how much notice I have and what else I'm doing at the time!)
[] I only have like 5 billion hair products.
[] I love to get dressed up. (No way!)
[] Every part of my outfit needs to match.
[] I talk on the phone at least once a day to my friends. (No, but that would be a "yes" if IM was included)
[] I would love to have a photo shoot.
[] I apply lip stuff 50 times a day.
[] I wish I were a model.
[] I wish I could meet Paris Hilton. (The only reason I wish I could meet her would be to tell her how much of a skank she is, heh...)
[] I have been something that was semi. (What the heck does this mean?)
[] I own Uggs. (The only "ug" I have around is my brother, and I don't own him! Ew!)
[] Hip-Hop is the best music.
[] I pop my collar.
[] I like to be the center of attention.
[] Guys with Mohawks are crazy.
[] Horses are beautiful.
[x] I'd rather not pay attention in school. (Depends on what the class is about.)
[] Cats are adorable.
[] I write my own music.
[x] I would love to visit Hawaii.
[] Valentine's Day is so cute! (Ew, yuck!)
[] White is better than black.
[] I wouldn't be caught dead in all black.
[x] My closet is CHOCK FULL of clothes.
[] Hate the grunge look.
[x] I love to read magazines. (But they don't replace books in MY world!)
[] I love to gossip.
[] I had Lisa Frank folders / posters / notebooks as a kid.
[] I love Celine Dion. (Ew, no way!)
[] My bubble baths are 1-2 hours long.
[] My wedding only needs a groom because it's already planned.
[] My friends and I are in a strict group. We mostly only hang out with each other. (I don't think we're THAT clique-y...)
[x] I like little kids.
[] Diet drinks are the best.
[] I'm all about being vegetarian.
[] I refuse to eat at McDonalds. (While I don't REFUSE to eat there, I don't eat there as a normal thing every day or so either!)
[x] I check my Myspace everyday. (Gotta keep up with the bulletins...)
[x] I love life! (Eh, it's all right...)
[] I have a lot of jewelery!
[x] My screen name(s) have x's in them. (Only because I made the name up myself in Grade 9 without thought of "OMG, this is SO totally girly! Yay!")
[] Either one of my Myspace names has / had <3's or in them. (That makes me want to puke.)
[] I would never want to be the opposite sex. (maybe during a certain time of the month, but not ordinarily...)
[x] It's not what he / she said... it's the way he / she said it.
[] I have more than 3 pillows on my bed.

Labels: , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home