Thursday, August 10, 2006

Just call us the dessert family. :)

Gotta submit this before the Blogger outage at 4! I just checked my email, and I found postdated spam from the years 2007 to 2020. At least it's not backdated spam covering the years 2002 to 2005... o_O

Hey, my new glasses are ready to be picked up, too! Sweet! :D

Eric sent the fellowship an announcement regarding the Thursday prayer meeting being cancelled tonight: it's to encourage people to go to Saturday's prayer retreat instead. Well, I just hope nobody shows up at church to find it empty! Dylan sent us an Evite about eating dinner next Friday: "Why spend time figuring out what to eat before Fellowship? We'll be having Church's chicken and healthy stuff.. come join us!" I dunno about you, but Church's Fried Chicken (which I haven't had in a long time) doesn't exactly fall under my definition of "healthy stuff." I know he was probably saying that the healthy stuff will be there as an alternative to the fried chicken, but it's fun to snark. :D

Steph sent an email about the skating / Greek food outing yesterday... she never checks that particular email account because it's really old, except for maybe twice a month. She said the same thing to Jen's email about what sort of food we're bringing to the potluck on Sunday... Jen's inviting Dawn and Vania, too! (it'll be good to see Dawn after a year!) According to her mom's calculations, anything is good so long as they have variety. Steph and Jon are bringing mango pudding, and I'm bringing some black forest cake I saw at the store today... just call us the dessert family! :)

I'm all prepared for the next few weeks otherwise: meatloaf, Nottingham loaf, Gobfather ice cream, Chocolate Fudge Brownie frozen yogurt (first time buying this stuff!), chicken with wine sauce, organic bananas / cherries / salad, and other such things. Too bad they didn't have the Uncle John's All-Purpose Bathroom Reader #13, but I did pick up two copies of the Fast-Acting Long-Lasting Bathroom Reader #18 for both Benny and Nina! That's the same one that I sent Corey in March for his birthday, in fact... I forgot the bookmarks for those, but I'll pick them up tomorrow while picking up Vancouver reminders at the mall for Benny. I also picked up the Ivory lavender body wash (makes me think of Jamie Fraser and Black Jack Randall of the Outlander series) and Softsoap's pink pure cashmere body wash.

The whole food shopping excursion cost $181 and change, but some of it was stuff I don't normally get: cards for baby Ian and Emily Lam ($4.69), the books (about $50), body wash ($13), ice cream / frozen yogurt ($12), and cake ($11) could all be included in that. Those organic cherries ($6) and bananas ($1.35) were a good price for what they were, too. Must remember that Stouffer's Bistro bowls are now offering a coupon to save $1 on a purchase of 2: that expires March 31, 2007. I spilled some raspberry yogurt (discounted $2.01) on my shirt, so it looks like I'll be doing laundry when I'm not defending typos and craziness to my sister over email. :P

Labels: , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home