Saturday, August 12, 2006

Dawn and Mormons, musings on older guys, movie / band reviews, plans, A-1 steak sauce recipe

To find out what the hardware is on a PC,
Start> Settings> Control Panel> System> Hardware (?)> Device Manager> Look under "CD/DVDs"> official name will be listed there

Decided to catch up on blogs after I ate and before I showered. This should still leave me plenty of time to do stuff before I go to the beach. Dawn has commentary and pictures up from her trip to Yunnan, and mentions (in a comment to Jen's blog) that she has a boyfriend. Heh, that should be interesting. She also has this rant about the Mormon people on her trip always asking for boiled water, but at least she's back home now. It'll be good to see her tomorrow, for sure! :) (I wish I had a cranberry Slurpee from 7-11... maybe later!)

Jen has a layout change... she mentions phone numbers, customers who are fairly older than she is (with kids!), being daring, and not having regret over things undone. Dave has a membership in Zip.com and so has a lot of movie reviews, plus a YouTube video of the opening scene in Eat Drink Man Woman. He also had a chance to drive a Mazda 3, and wanted to get off early due to the perfect sunny weather outside... I think he did! Now I wish I had a boyfriend... I've had my experience with LDRs / hookup situations, and never again unless I absolutely have to! :P (I wonder if I should say something to a certain somebody... I probably won't since I'm a big chicken, and constantly make up worst-case scenarios in my head!)

Spoz has a bunch of weekender photos, including a pile of trash off Rundle St. (?!) Says this past weekend should have killed him, but it didn't: good, then! He also had a photo of junk food all over the place.. interesting stuff, to be sure. (on Sunday, I showed Steph / Jon / Dallas the CD destruction post that he made a while back... good times, haha) Steph's annoyed that her RCMP application's been put on hold for another year because the soonest she can go for laser eye surgery ($3300?!) is in late September. But at least she'll have clear vision for the rest of her life... she also has a bunch of things she wants to do, like courses at BCIT / hockey camp / a second part-time job or tutoring to finance the surgery and spending money at the RCMP Depot ($5000-8000) / witnessing to her co-workers / getting into killer shape and running a marathon by age 25. Eh, we'll see what time holds for her, I guess...

Hey, Jon just showed up on MSN... 4:30-ish should be fine! I'm eating seaweed like it's going out of style, too... apparently, we're picking up Dallas as well. I don't think he knows Ben (like at all), but any excuse to go to the beach and hang out these days is a good one!

Great... now my bathroom fan doesn't work. Good thing I have enough time to write up a note and slip it under the assistant manager's door... I hope it gets heard that way, although you can never tell with Amacon. :P

Here's an original / secret recipe for A-1 steak sauce:

Over 300 Secret Recipes:

Recipes from Burger King, McDonalds, Chilis, Baskin Robins, Long John Silver, Nabisco, KFC, Jack in the Box, Starbucks, Outback, and much much more!


A-1 Sauce

Recipe By: Gloria Pitzer
Serving Size: 1 Preparation Time :0:00
Categories: Copycat Condiments

Amount Measure Ingredient -- Preparation Method

1/2 C Dark Molasses
2 Green onions -- chop
3 Tbsp Coarse salt (kosher)
3 Tbsp Dry mustard
1 Tsp Paprika
1/4 Tsp Cayenne
1 Clove garlic -- crush or
1 Tsp Garlic powder
1 Anchovy fillet; chop -- or
1 tbsp Anchovy paste
6 tbsp Fresh tamarind -- or
1 tbsp Tamarind extract
1 tsp Pepper
1/2 tsp Fenugreek
1/2 tsp Powdered ginger
1/2 tsp Ground cinnamon
1 tsp Powdered cloves
1/2 tsp Cardamom seeds
3 drops Tabasco
6 oz Rhine wine
2 oz Rose wine
1 pt White vinegar
1 tbsp Kitchen Bouquet
1 tbsp Postum Powder

Put all spices (except last 6 ingredients) through blender till they are a fine powder. Place over low heat with half the vinegar and simmer for 1 hour; adding the rest of the vinegar a little at a time as mixture is reduced in bulk. Stir in tabasco, wines, and the kitchen bouquet. Cook 3 min to dissolve. Remove from heat. Pour into crock pot or Tupperware container (2qt). Let stand covered for 1 week. Then strain through cheesecloth six times. Bottle and cap tightly. Keep refrigerated indefinitely. Freeze to keep for years.

Labels: , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home