Friday, August 11, 2006

Bookmarks and souvenir stuff / new glasses / digicam plans

Mmm, these organic cherries are good! :D

This afternoon, I went out to buy bookmarks and Vancouver reminders for Benny and Nina. I found one bookmark about friendship, which will be for Benny: the only thing is that the bead with it has a heart! (I try to avoid hearts / flowers / girly things on stuff for GUYS, unless they're little babies or pretty good friends who won't take it the wrong way... they're not girly men! :P) Oh well... I found one blue one that has some stars and stuff on it, and another one that says "Shh! I'm trying to read!" for Nina. Then I went to Hallmark Cards: they had a Vancouver-related souvenir booklet at the right price, so I bought that along with three Vancouver postcards. I was looking for the Vancouver-related bookmarks that they used to have: at 80 cents each, they were cheap! (they had ten different kinds: a few each for Vancouver / Victoria / BC / Whistler-Blackcomb) Darn, I wish I knew they weren't there anymore... at least I'd bought some for myself and friends (Farrah, Erin, David S., holiday_wishes people maybe) in the past! When I got home later, I scrounged up a couple that didn't look used so I could give them to Ben. All I can say is that he better appreciate it, heh.

From there, it was off to Vancouver to find the Factory Outlet glasses place. My sister's directions were fine enough, but I thought the place was closed (at 4!) when I got there because I was trying to open the wrong door. When I finally clued in and read the sign near the door stating that the entrance was on the next street (after vowing some inappropriate things in my head), I got my new blue glasses and a case / cleaning cloth to go with them. They feel much better and lighter on my face than the OLD ones did, and even the brown ones too! Then I went back to Chapters, and waited a long time for a seemingly non-existent 496 (stops right by my place) until I finally decided to just bite the bullet and take a crowded B-Line to transfer to my usual bus home. (everyone seemed to be out today!)

Once I got home, I transferred the presents into gift bags (no grocery bags for transportation this time! :P) and called both my sibs, who were at church. There's a chance Jon is driving to the beach thing tomorrow, but I'll call him tomorrow to figure that out.. apparently, his buddy WAS at church, but wasn't then. Hope he finds the person soon, haha. I told Steph to bring her digicam to church on Sunday: I want a picture with Ben before he leaves, and it'll be good for baptism purposes too! (Mike and Anthony come to mind, heh) Now Corey's trying to convince me that free scraps of paper torn off from something are better than even 80-cent bookmarks since they're FREE and don't get in the way like a bookmark would. In turn, I'm trying to convince him that VCR is an abbreviation for Vancouver... it is in the hockey stats! ;)


Name a facial feature
Name a cartoon dog
Name a song
Your gang is called:Midgets on Motorcycles
Your weapon of choice is:Fake Gold Chains
Your gang's catchphrase is:Man, it's cold out here.
This Fun Quiz created by Dixie at BlogQuiz.Net
Aquarius Horoscope at DailyHoroscopes.Biz




Pick a song
Pick a transportation mode
Pick a body part
Your Gang is CalledAngels With Enlarged Wings
Your Weapon of Choice isGlass Shards
This Fun Quiz created by Dixie at BlogQuiz.Net
Virgo Horoscope at DailyHoroscopes.Biz

Labels: , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home