Thursday, August 10, 2006

Dream: Buying $6000 worth of things at Hallmark, rude white people, freaking out Timothy grads

I had another odd dream last night: I was at Hallmark Cards buying up a bunch of cards, stickers, books, and other things over a succession of days. Eventually, Randal (who was the clerk) expressed surprise and said my credit card wouldn't go through. Apparently, I'd rung up over $6000 worth of purchases over the last three days! o_O (while I don't doubt I've spent that much on those things over the course of my LIFE, I wouldn't do it over three days!)

After that, I dreamed that I went to church where I witnessed these three rude large white people (one with red hair) trying to park along the side of the road. While that normally would have been fine (we get huge trucks all the time), they were trying to squish their large SUV (with trailer) in a space not even Eric's Parisienne would fit... and that's a figurative huge blue boat! Maybe one average-sized car would fit... perhaps a slightly bigger car... but NOT a huge SUV trailer! Little Rosanna's dad was trying to pass them in his own car (which was kinda like Phil's Westfalia in the dream), and had rolled down his window to try to reason with them. Then he saw me, and asked me to get my dad... as the church administrator, he might be able to do something. So I found my dad in a group of people, just chatting... he refused to do anything since he was on vacation! Then my mom wanted to know what was going on inside: when I told her that it was a grad ceremony for the teens (plus our own program), she refused to believe me and tried telling me that it was really something else. Uh... sure, Mom and Dad... o_O

Then I went inside the church, which was decorated because a bunch of the Timothy kids were graduating and having a ceremony to recognize that. The teens (Margaret and Hien, neither of whom is old enough for high school graduation / Sylver, who isn't a teen anymore, but was one here / Emily L. / Julie S. / others) were dressed in black and white and had silver tinsel round their necks. I went to the church kitchen, where our Fellowship was preparing for our own program. My brother came in and asked what the heck was going on outside, so I told him. After some time, our program was ready. We were going to sing out of the OLD Spirit of Praise songbooks that we used to have when we were kids... for some reason, I freaked Eric out when I sat next to him. Then we noticed that Jeremy's hair and beard were dyed greenish-yellow... seems he wanted to freak out the graduating kids, which he succeeded in doing when Chris / Joey / Ivan came downstairs to look for something! I woke up when the phone rang, likely with a telemarketer on the other end... I hate having to leave the phone on since the likelihood of these calls is increased! Oh well, maybe the Factory Outlet glasses place will call soon... then I can turn it off!


When I got to the computer, I found that Jim had linked me to a Geocities picture site. I also got a message from Eric H., who said that he'd talked to Nathan: since Nate says Monday is okay with him, Eric guesses the party is on, haha. He just wants me to tell Jon to call his cell if 7:30 is okay with him. Eh, I'll pass the message on later... right now, it's time to go grocery shopping. Maybe I'll get some Gobfather ice cream and tortilla con queso soup! But I'll definitely get two Bathroom Readers, for Benny and Nina!

As for why I had the dream, I can only surmise that I've spent too much time thinking about the church grad ceremony slated for Monday the 21st at Flamingo. That, or I've thought too much about getting stuff for Benny to remind him of Vancouver... this would be in addition to the Bathroom Reader. Maybe my subconscious is also finally processing the dude who stopped me, Jon, and Dallas on Sunday evening in the apartment complex to ask if there was any visitor parking! (there is on the side of the parking lot...) Then there was the time recently when Nathan or someone else found one of those old songbooks downstairs, too. Ah well, it's okay... it provides quirkiness! ;)

Labels: , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home