Wednesday, July 12, 2006

Meeting Felicity (or is it Michael?) / Blogquizzes

Note: Serious LJ fun / LJ bachelorette party / LJ Date blogquizzes. (by Liv, Bobo, and Crazy Child) [Liv reminds me of Liv Hilde in elementary school, and Bobo reminds me of Dawn's Chinese name]


Meeting Felicity at Boston Pizza went all right... she called me a while before we met, and I was surprised that she sounded like a man. Then again, I knew to expect this thanks to a comment that Jake (zeblith) made in RandomThought a while ago. When I got there, I discovered that there was very good reason WHY she sounded like a man: she WAS one! (I guess no surgery has happened yet...) One of the first things said to me was "You might as well call me Michael." Okay, sure thing! Met two of the roommates Joe and Fruvous (yes, derived from the band... real name Michael... he had cool red hair): another one left rather suddenly upon my appearing at the table, and there was another person (Julian) who apparently was the one who answered the phone yesterday. So five guys in one place... messy! Heh... I *so* wanted to ask questions perhaps inappropriate for the venue, such as how the knowledge was formed as to the transgendered thing. Maybe later, haha.

We all discussed Ted Nugent's rather uncomplimentary remarks about Pantera and "Dimebag" Darryl Abbott ("he was gonna die that way anyhow, leading that lifestyle - look at his nickname!".... uh, he got SHOT ONSTAGE BY A CRAZY LUNATIC!), the Doors, Jim Morrison, Danny Sugarman, Jimi Hendrix, creative geniuses being kinda unstable, how Iggy Pop / Ozzy Osbourne were still alive after all the stuff they've done, comedy, true crime (Kentucky teen vampires and documentaries), Pink Floyd / Syd Barrett, LJ, comedy, Chevy Chase on Youtube, Roseanne Barr, Oprah, and other assorted things. They got on a long tangent of discussing science fiction / Stephen Hawking / the online community of nerds. Then we discussed books, Anne Rice, Stephen King, descriptive passages and dialogue in books, and reading in general. While telling them about Shanghai Wind and the 21 steamers of stuff, I realized that I probably would miss it if I didn't go on Sunday despite the organizer IGNORING MY PREFERENCES! So I'll probably go, and then complain about my sleep. ;) (no, just kidding... I was just going to ignore everyone all weekend, but doing that all the time would be counter-productive)

It was certainly an interesting time out, and definitely something to bug my mom about. Nice meeting them for sure, even though (as per usual) I was a little quiet. Just listening and taking the whole experience in... no slight against them. Now I have to respond to that Evite... it's been sitting there for like a month, haha. The only problem is that I don't know whether I want to go or not! Eeep.

Oh, and I also got a bunch of zines with artwork in them... very cool. (no special fonts... or inventing yourself right out of a job to make yourself obsolete here!)


What is your name?
how old are you?
Do you think you're going to be successful?
how would you describe yourself?
Your job will be:world leader
You will make:£19,000,000,000
This Fun Quiz created by pippa at BlogQuiz.Net
Entertainment News at NewsDump. All the latest goss!




Which Day (1-31) Were You Born?
Give the Number of Your Birth Month (1-12)
What Year Were You Born? (eg. 1970)
What's Your Favourite Colour?
Your Lucky Number Is:3
This Fun Quiz created by StoryCharms at BlogQuiz.Net
Australian News at NewsDump

Labels: , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home