Thursday, June 22, 2006

Dreams of a dark rainy church day and a bad toddler class

Well, it would seem my mind is back to its usual top form in providing me with weird journeys of the subconscious. :)

This dream opened in the church basement, where I was helping with the toddler Sunday School as usual. However, this class seemed to be rambunctious and would get into fights over the littlest thing, like the toys not being where they wanted them. Little Rachel (who was wearing a white flowered dress) would run out of the door if any of us left it open, so we had to chase her down quite a few times. Little Christopher and Nathan were good, though: their dad (in a blue shirt and black pants) gave me a package of dry colored pasta shaped like teddy bears "from the kids." I thanked him and thought it would go well with my white-and-red package of hamburgers that I had in my fridge (that was from Corey, of all people). The class ran out of coloring sheets, and had to borrow some from one of the other classes... this is when a crayon war broke out amongst the kids, which we had to quell. o_O

Thankfully, Eric came to pick me up a few minutes later: he had a blue-and-white knapsack (which he wouldn't have in real life), and his blue jacket was wet. He told me that apparently my parents wanted me to go home with him: fine by me! Auntie Cathy arrived to take some stuff out of the room, and so did a few of the older kids in Gr. 5... they wore shoes in the room even though it wasn't permitted! (however, they were only there for a couple of minutes to pick more stuff up) We saw Margaret L. in the basement, and talked to her for a little bit.

Eric and I went upstairs, where Citrus (in a blue shirt and dark pants, and wearing a knapsack trimmed with red) was looking for my sister, who was looking for Joyce. We all talked to my parents for a bit, then headed outside in the dark where everyone was under huge umbrellas with good reason: it was raining like MAD! Found my sister and Joyce: Steph informed us that we only had an hour to decide whether we wanted to help out with the summer Awana. The dream ended as I was asking her what she was doing in the summer: NOT the summer Awana, but some Vancouver-based work safety seminar for her job. Weird stuff...

Labels: , , , , , , , , , , , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home