Monday, May 22, 2006

Misinterpretations / Perspective on the Da Vinci Code

I did the Be honest. Why am I on your friends list? Answer and post this in your journal. meme today in poll form. :P


Note: LJ Pirate Crew / LJ X-Men Crew / LJ Meaningless Meme / The LJ Musical of my Life Story blogquizzes. (by A., Kirsty, and Kait)


Corey thinks I should hook up with anyone: I don't believe him. To me, sex / virginity is something very special that should be given away only when you're married / very much in love with the person and know FOR A FACT that you're going to get married or spend some serious amounts of time together. Oh wait... he says that he meant I should hook up sooner than "never," and with "anyone" since I asked with whom. ("That means that you should hook up sometime with someone before never. :P Which would be sometime in the rest of your life.") Yay for quirky misinterpretation... not! (I took "anyone!" to mean that I should just do random hookups, which is SO not my thing anyhow for the reasons stated above :P)

Eric M. buzzed me at about 1 AM, saying that he'd changed his MSN name since he didn't see Eric H. online. He'd just gotten back from the Da Vinci Code, which is what he'd wanted to talk to Eric about. He offered some perspective on the movie: "From a movie perspective, I'm surprised it's being panned so much by critics. It's a decent movie. As for the conspiracy part, it was pretty much what I expected. Focus on the Holy Grail being the source of God's power on earth, the Last Supper painting, that Mary Magdalene was the wife and mother of Jesus' daughter. Peter didn't want the leader of the church to be a woman... basically leads to the conclusion that Jesus was only human (at least according to Leigh), but the descendant of Mary Magdalene could rid the world of racism and sexism by revealing that the church is based on a lie, thus it falling apart. The things you must ask are... is Christianity Racist or Sexist? If Jesus was only human, why is his heir significant?" Very interesting questions, indeed. Guess I'll have to change my name too... and if this paragraph was one big spoiler, you need to get out from your cave. :P


Name:
Age:
Fave Colour:
Personality:
Most Likely to be...
The Mod Squad Member you're most like is.... Gemma
This Fun Quiz created by Candy at BlogQuiz.Net
Aries Horoscope at DailyHoroscopes.Biz

Labels: , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home