Sunday, April 09, 2006

Beavis and Butthead headbanging, living through 91 of 158 things, proxy servers

Courtesy of a Russian journal on the latest posts page, I bring you a new icon! Beavis and Butthead look like they're having fun times headbanging and playing air guitar, heh. :D






Also courtesy of the latest posts page is this "living through 158 things" meme:

I have lived through 91 of these 158 things.
Put numbers in the boxes instead of x's

(example: 1, 2, 3, 4, ...)

Repost as "I have lived through ___ of these 158 things."

Italicized stuff = my own commentary.


[1] I have read a lot of books.
[] I have been on some sort of varsity team.
[] I have run more than 2 miles without stopping.
[2] I have been to Canada. I live here, yo!

[] I have been to Europe.
[3] I have watched cartoons for hours.
[] I have tripped UP the stairs. No, but Vanessa and Sam have...
[] I have fallen down an entire flight of stairs. Came close at Vernon's once...
[] I have been snowboarding / skiing. I put on the skis, and that was it for me!

[4] I have played ping-pong. in Gr. 8 PE class...
[5] I swam in the ocean.
[] I have been on a whale watch.
[6] I have seen fireworks.

[7] I have seen a shooting star.
[] I have seen a meteor shower.
[] I have almost drowned.
[8] I have been so embarrassed, I wanted to disappear.


[9] I have listened to one CD over and over and over again.
[10] I have had stitches.
[] I have had frostbite.
[] I have licked a frozen pole and got stuck there.
[11] I have stayed up till 2 doing homework / projects. Even later than 2!
[12] I have been ice skating.
[] I have been rollerblading.
[13] I have fallen flat on my face.
[14] I have tripped over my own two feet.
[] I have been in a fist fight.
[15] I have played videogames for more than 3 hours straight.
[] I have watched the Power Rangers.

[16] I attend Church regularly.
[17] I have played truth or dare.
[18] I have already had my 16th birthday.
[19] I have already had my 17th birthday.
[20] I've called someone stupid. And meant it.
[21] I've been in a verbal argument.
[22] I've cried in school.
[23] I've played basketball on a team.
[24] I've played baseball on a team.
[] I've played football on a team.
[25] I've played soccer on a team.
[] I've done cheerleading on a team.
[26] I've played softball on a team.
[27] I've played volleyball on a team.
[] I've played tennis on a team.
[] I've been on a track or cross country team.
[28] I've been swimming more than 20 times in my life.
[] I've bungee jumped.

[] I've climbed a rock wall.
[29] I've lost more than $20.
[30] I've called myself an idiot.
[31] I've called someone else an idiot.
[32] I've cried myself to sleep.
[] I've had (or have) pets.
[] I've owned a Spice Girls CD.
[] I've owned a Britney Spears CD.
[] I've owned an N*Sync CD.
[] I've owned a Backstreet Boys CD.
[33] I've mooned someone.
[34] I've sworn at someone in authority.
[35] I've been in the newspaper.
[] I've been on TV.

[] I've been to Hawaii.
[36] I've eaten sushi.
[37] I've been on the other side of a waterfall.
[] I've watched all of the Lord of the Rings movies.
[] I've watched all the Harry Potter movies.
[] I've watched all of the Rocky movies.
[38] I've watched The Three Stooges.
[] I've watched Newlyweds Nick & Jessica.
[39] I've watched Looney Tunes.
[] I've been stuffed into a locker / I have stuffed others into lockers.

[40] I've been called a geek.
[41] I've studied hard for a test and got a bad grade.
[42] I've not studied at all for a test and aced it.
[] I've hugged my mom within the past 24 hrs.
[] I've hugged my dad within the past 24 hours.
[43] I've met a celebrity / music artist. Trevor Linden, Ryan Walter, the old-time Canucks...
[44] I've written poetry.
[] I've been arrested.

[45] I've been attracted to someone much older than me. :blush1:
[] I've been tickled till I've cried.
[] I've tickled someone else until they cried.
[46] I've had / have siblings.
[47] I've been to a rock concert.

[] I've listened to classical music and enjoyed it.
[48] I've been in a play.
[49] I've been picked last in gym class.
[] I've been picked first in gym class.
[50] I've been picked in that middle-range in gym class.

[51] I've cried in front of my friends.
[52] I've read a book longer than 1,000 pages.
[] I've played Halo 2.
[53] I've freaked out over a sports game. Did that last night with Chinese Eric, in fact!
[54] I've been to Alaska.

[] I've been to China.
[] I've been to Spain.
[] I've been to Japan.
[55] I've had a fight with someone on Yahoo.
[] I've had a fist fight with someone face-to-face.
[56] I've had serious conversations on any IM.
[57] I've forgiven someone who has done something wrong to me.
[58] I've been forgiven.
[59] I've screamed at a scary movie.
[60] I've cried at a chick flick.
[] I've watched a lot of action movies.
[61] I've screamed at the top of my lungs.
[] I've been to a rap concert.

[] I've been to a hip hop concert.
[62] I've lived in more than 2 houses.
[] I've driven on the highway.
[] I've driven more than 40 miles in a day.
[63] I've been in a car accident.

[64] I've done drugs. Only the legal ones, hehehe.
[65] I've been homesick.
[66] I've thrown up.
[67] I've puked on someone.
[68] I've been horseback riding.

[69] I've filled out more than 10 LiveJournal / online surveys.
[70] I've spoken my mind in public.
[71] I've proved someone wrong.
[72] I've been proven wrong by someone.
[] I've broken a leg.

[] I've broken an arm.
[] I've fallen off a swing.
[73] I've swung on a swing for more than 30 minutes straight.
[74] I've watched Winnie the Pooh movies.
[75] I've forgotten my backpack when I've gone to school.

[76] I've lost my backpack.
[] I've come close to dying.
[77] I've seen someone die. Came close, once...
[78] I've known someone who has died.
[79] I've wanted to be an actor / actress at some point.

[] I've done modeling.
[80] I've forgotten to brush my teeth some mornings.
[81] I've taken something / someone for granted.
[82] I've realized how good my life is.
[83] I've counted my blessings.
[84] I've made fun of a classmate.
[85] I've been asked out by someone and I said no.

[86] I've slapped someone in the face.
[] I've been skateboarding.
[87] I've been backstabbed by someone I thought was a friend.
[88] I've lied to someone to their face.
[89] I've told a little white lie.

[90] I've taken a day off from school / work just so I wouldn't go insane.
[] I've fainted.
[] I've had an argument with someone about whether cheerleading is a sport or not.
[] I've pushed someone into a pool.
[] I've been pushed into a pool.
[91] I've been / am in love.


In other news, I've laughed myself silly reading my low-tech blue guestbook. My next entry will be all about people who have visited my place through the years... mostly just a listing of names and such. Maybe I'll include entries, too... who knows, haha. Heck, I might also do the same thing with that scrapbook which my sister got me for my 25th birthday! I can get quite quirky when the mood suits. ;)

Corey also thinks that proxy servers might be the way to go with Dawn's RSS feeds thing, although Google Translate will work, too...

[19:23:30] Flami: Industrial Strength Bootine ;): oh, did I tell you that my friend found a solution to that RSS feeds problem?
[19:34:34] Corey: what was it?
[19:35:28] Flami: our friend Dave told her to use Google Translate and then pretend to translate the pages she wanted to read, haha
[19:45:50] Corey: yeah, that would probably work. instead of that, she could find a proxy server, which is basically the same thing.. it's just another server you connect to that goes and grabs the content.. so you're only connected to that server, which can ideally access whatever it wants to
[19:54:30] Flami: yeah, but how do you find out where those are?
[20:01:31] Corey: do a Google search for proxy servers? :P
[20:02:30] Corey: if you were really nice and leave your computer on all the time, you could probably download software to set one up on your computer so she has her own private proxy where she can see anything she wants :P public ones tend to be slow, if they even work
[20:05:34] Flami: yeah, but that sounds weird
[20:17:44] Corey: why does it sound weird?
[20:22:18] Flami: because there are times when I'll surely have to restart the computer like I just did..
[20:22:32] Corey: so, she'd have to deal with that :P
[20:22:42] Corey: she'd only need it for blocked stuff anyway
[20:27:46] Flami: yeah... but how do you know if such a thing is working?
[20:30:25] Corey: you'd have a proxy server program running :P you could see if it worked or not
[20:30:38] Corey: and it doesn't have to be YOU, but if she could get someone outside of China to do that...
[20:37:26] Flami: yeah, maybe... keep that in mind, I shall
[20:38:22] Corey: proxy server :P remember that one. tell her to just do a search.. I bet people have set stuff like that up over there already
[20:38:27] Corey: for that specific reason
[20:41:49] Flami: yeah sure, I'll do that later...
[20:46:26] Corey: there's a bunch of free ones listed there
[20:47:17] Flami: cool stuff


Martyr Death
How will it happen?You will get stuck in a garage door pet entrance - then have your spine broken when the killer opens the garage.
'What horror movie death would you have?' at QuizGalaxy.com

Labels: , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home