Sunday, December 25, 2005

Is Christmas over yet?

Today went all right as far as things with my mom were concerned: Corey did tell me to try to survive her before he went to bed, so that was nice. :) I got up with just enough time to throw on some clothes, start a 240MB Arrogant Worms download (which will hopefully be done when I get home tonight), and brush my teeth / wash my face... that was pretty good for not setting an alarm, even! Maybe God wanted me at church, heh.

I had to wear the stupid object that she was going on about (I planned to wear it to surprise her, but she went on so much about it last night that I wasn't going to)... appeasing Asian mothers isn't easy. *sigh* A bunch of people noticed it, which is what I was afraid of... even little Nathan did, and said I looked weird... thanks, kid. My mother wanted me to have comments from people about it, but I didn't! (it's too embarrassing for me, but she doesn't understand... revenge / payback for the past?)

The baby dedication was cute, though: I like babies, but won't have one of my own till a LONG time from now! I gave Chung, Joe, and Rosanna birthday cards (and wished Julianna a happy birthday)... yup, their birthday is on Christmas Day! Then I gave Silvester and Hien birthday cards, too... theirs aren't till NYE and the day before, but whatever works! Joe / Helen / Nathaniel, Denise / Brian / Julie, and some others got Christmas cards too... Julie gave me some baked goods and a card from her and her siblings. (they do this every year, heh) Then at Sunday School, I got half a Chinese cake / a musical little teddy bear / some candy / a snowman plush. At home, my mom was regifting stuff like it was going out of style: oh well, I might do that too! She gave me pink gloves (NOT my color, which she thinks I like! :P), some "Porcelain Ornament of the Month" angel thing, a huge Toblerone bar, some special shampoo (yay...), and a notebook with a cat on it. (that last has great regifting potential, haha... only because I have enough of those things :P) She also gave me some cookies and cereal for Melissa, whom she characterizes as weird because "Melissa doesn't drink coffee, and she doesn't like eating that much... she'll have cereal for breakfast, lunch, and dinner!" If that's weird, I can show her even more weird stuff... but probably won't, heh. I like my sanity intact, thanks so much. :P

After church, we went for lunch with Sam's family and others in this HOT crowded dim sum place! We were squished like sardines at a large table... thank goodness we can appreciate our heritage, or else we'd be horrified! I have an excuse to not go on some mini-vacation with the parents and Jon after New Year's, since Awana is starting again after a two-week break. (normally, we'd get three) My mom thought I was lying to get out of it, but then I wouldn't do that. Sam had no idea when we started again, but it's all right... I need my downtime, after all. ;) We had a LOT of food at lunch: crab, fish, veggies, noodles, shrimp, BBQ pork buns, and more. Thank goodness my mom's attention was focused elsewhere. :D

After a while, we're going to Dave's place for dinner: apparently, his mom has made turkey / hot and sour soup / who knows what else. Dave did confirm to me today that his mom was cooking up a storm... I'm not surprised! More... food.... can't.... take... it.... Then Melissa and Terrence arrive tomorrow, Jon's friends arrive the day after, and Kate arrives next week... it'll be interesting around here, to say the least!

Oh, and Steph said that Mom was out of it when they got home last night from bubble tea at Dragon Ball. Apparently, they woke her up when talking upstairs... she came out of her room and asked them whether they were leaving yet to go to church for breakfast! Steph's answer: "No, Mom... it's 1 AM!" Then they woke her up again this morning at 7:30 because Steph answered a phone call for Jon... aiyoh. She's losing it in more ways than one, haha.


Jazz and such to look up on torrents for my brother:

* Tim Berne
* Globe Unity Orchestra
* William Parker
* Evan Parker
* Matthew Shipp
* Susie Ibarra
* Boris

Labels: , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home