Tuesday, October 11, 2005

Hockey icons, disallowed license plates, and old-school video games

YES! I *finally* have two hockey-related icons after searching around from 8:30 to midnight! Not only are they hockey-related, they're related to the Vancouver Canucks! First, I went to my bases community... only to find nothing I liked. Then, I did Google searches for "hockey icons livejournal" and "hockey icons livejournal 100x100" (plus various combinations of the two) without any luck. I did Google Image Searches, which also came up dry. Afterwards, I tried a Google search for "vancouver canucks hockey icons 100x100"... after a bit of searching around the provided links, I got what I wanted. :D


Northwest Division logo from OFFSIDE:

Image hosted by Photobucket.com


Naslund, Bertuzzi, and Morrison.. plus retro / current logos from an NHL Central message board:

Image hosted by Photobucket.com


Hahaha, take a look at this list of disallowed personalized license plates (continues on to page 20 of the document). :D I should really look at The Smoking Gun more often, haha.

The original NES game Super Mario Bros 2 was simply a remake of the already-existing game Doki Doki Panic with a few changed sounds and sprites. I remember reading this in Nintendo Power a LONG time ago, when the guys were kids and totally into this! :D

Corey reminded me that the SNES game Super Mario All-Stars has a game called Lost Levels.. which is the actual Super Mario Bros. 2. It's not really an impressive sequel, though.. it's the same thing as Super Mario Bros. 1, but with new (and much harder) levels. You can play as Mario or Luigi, and each character is different.. which basically means Luigi jumps higher. :P Both Super Mario Bros. 2 and Doki Doki Panic were only released for the Famicom Disk System, and didn't have normal cartridge releases in Japan. Man, I remember reading that too!


Here's an amusing MS Paint picture that Christina made for me. It was the result of that "MS Paint picture from interests" meme... hahaha! If I had any MS Paint skills, I'd do that too. :D

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Labels: , , , , , , , , , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home