Saturday, October 08, 2005

Are you a doughnut?

On the way to church tonight, I told Eric about what happened to my Firefox. He later agreed to come in for a while afterwards and try to fix it. (he did, but that was only temporary... eeep) I was also kinda hyper because of the new Diana Gabaldon book: "good luck getting kissed if you have the breath of snow and ashes.. it's not the other kind of breath, is it?!" He told me that I must have had dessert before the dessert night! (nope, just a chicken and cheese quesadilla!) Later, he tried convincing me that Jeremy and Nathan would help him play Metallica for worship... yeah right! Then he did a parody of AMERICAN PIE with doughnuts... he had doughnuts on the brain, haha. We had a talk on Thanksgiving as our program: the funniest part by far was when Randal brought up "pimpin' hos" as an example of a dramatic pre-Christ life! *laugh*

It was a good thing I brought reinforcements, because both Erin and I needed them. (we HATE when that happens! :P) She mentioned that her parents left yesterday, and her brother Darren was already partying it up tonight, haha! Andy noticed I was sitting by myself because I missed half the small-group sharing since I'd been downstairs. He went over to me and asked if I needed someone to talk to: haha, no... but thanks for your concern! I talked a bunch to Jeremy and Nathan about Kelowna and the hockey hangout tomorrow. (I also mentioned my brainfart to Eric: I'll call him tomorrow afternoon to figure thngs out) Danielle reiterated that she hated hockey, and would throw up if forced to watch it.. Jen had replied to the emails to say she couldn't make it, anyhow.

Phil, Randal, and I talked about blogs for a while: Phil finds mine hilarious for some reason, but hasn't been reading it since he's at school instead of work. I finally saw Winnie, Jenny, and Connie: baby Megan's so cute! Tim and Maxine brought their baby Joshua along: she says her cousin Amanda is definitely ready to have her baby girl, and not in three weeks' time either!

I talked to Christon for a while: he's had a lot of fun this week, and figures it'll be COLD when he gets back on Tuesday. Alan decided not to come to the hockey hangout because the NHL's too violent: haha, SURE that's his real reason! (I remember his saying the same thing about the CFL a few years ago at Boston Pizza / Red Robin's)

After Fellowship, we all had a lot for dessert... apple crisp, macadamia nuts, pumpkin pie, and more! Talked to Helen, Mandy, Rachel, Cindy, Silvester, and a bunch more people. Nobody wanted to go anywhere afterwards.. good for Jeremy, since he got the cab company to pick him up at 6 AM (as in a few hours from now). (and the dessert was his dinner, too!) So I got Eric to come in at least for a while and do troubleshooting: whatever he did got Firefox to work temporarily, although he still can't figure out the copy-paste problem.. we have the same version of Windows and such, though. So that can't be all bad, haha. About the only productive thing that got done was installing the Tabbrowsing extension: clicking links in a working version of Firefox will make them open in new tabs instead of new windows. He turned off the computer when he left: I kinda wish he hadn't, since Firefox decided to be temperamental again when I turned it back on. Oh well, I'll get him tomorrow afternoon or so... at least he's square with me in terms of the $8 he owed me from last week!

Labels: , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home