Monday, October 10, 2005

Hockey, Thanksgiving, talking to Jon, Adbusters, Dawn's Xanga

Here's another layout change... yay for visited links being a different color than non-visited links! :D

Just managed to catch the bus on time for dinner: turkey, stuffing, potatoes, yams, garlic bread, gravy, brussels sprouts, red peppers, soup, and Coke. Watched approximately half the hockey game (we won 4-2 against the Red Wings, thanks to Anson Carter's goal and Richard Park's empty-netter!), and actually talked to my brother on the phone. We discussed Thanksgiving (he went to a party yesterday with turkey), the apartment situation (he read my blog), the baptisms yesterday, Jeremy coming to our Fellowship more often and helping to lead worship with his bongos (I thought he'd tell Jon about it, but I guess not!), and David's new son before I had to eat dinner. (he was running late for something as usual, anyhow...)

Afterwards, I chilled for a bit and read Jon's issue of Adbusters. Very interesting stuff in there about superweeds (plants that are resistant to herbicide, NOT drugs like my sister thought!), terrorism, and more. Then I went on my sister's laptop, and found Dawn's site. Superweed would make a great band name, actually. :D

I should go to my bases community for hockey icons, since there are two entries in the memories for hockey bases. Also, my mom gave me some turkey and jelly candy: at least this stuff is consumable, so it won't take the form of non-edible things that stay around this place till I get rid of them. ;) My sister warned me NOT to microwave the foil the turkey came in, or else it would explode... while explosions are kinda fun to watch on the internet, I think I'll stay away from the real-life version. ;)

Labels: , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home