Sunday, September 18, 2005

Babies, lunch invitations, hilarious past quotes from Corey and Shannon, and baptisms

I managed to REALLY surprise Mike with his birthday card, but Emily was there to confirm that I remember everyone's birthdays. Little David said he did Fill-Ins, so at least my gift was useful. I saw my friend David and his wife, who are expecting their baby son this week or so. Speaking of babies, Tim and Maxine brought their baby Joshua to church this week... only one in the baby boom! Lauren, Winnie, Helen, Sophia, and Maxine already had theirs... and David, Helen, Natalie, and Stella are due to have theirs in the future. Joe was even keeping score: 4 boys and 2 girls, with Nathaniel being the biggest church baby of this generation by one ounce.

Little Irene knocked my glasses off because I scolded her for trying to take Clara's toy away from her... man, this girl hits and is aggressive! Chung Yan's parents treated me to lunch at Green Village for my birthday (good thing we didn't have any SLB), and also gave me a cute wallet which I guess could serve as my change purse. Karen gave me two movie certificates, and I asked Lesley for an actual ticket to next week's ordination banquet since she'd only given me one of Derek's bills as change on Friday.

Since my dad was at church with the 100-member choir, I had to find a way to pass the time since I forgot to bring a book this week. So I called my wheelchair-bound friend Shannon since I'd been meaning to call her for a while anyhow. Nothing much is new with her, but she did get a new wheelchair.. she said that if I wanted to spend my whole day at church, it was fine, but not for her. Not that I strictly WANTED to, but you do what you gotta do... if I hadn't had the lunch invite, I'd probably have gone straight home with my sister who hadn't gotten enough sleep.

That reminds me of the time I told her that I was going to an Easter Sunrise Service a couple of years ago. I got this reaction: "It makes more sense to celebrate Easter while you're in bed sleeping!" *laugh*

Then again, that reminds me of what Corey said when I told him the same thing, and he said that it was all right that his mother slept in today and missed Easter service: "I'm an ordained minister of the Universal Life Church, and I keep meaning to go tell the school to list me as a reverend.. it would be interesting to see what would happen in a class if they called out my name like that." (yeah, I know there's a site where you can download your personal credentials as a minister, haha) *laugh*

That reminds me of one of the times I was talking to him about the whole Pastor Glen thing, and he had this creative solution: "Get me to be the new one! I'll talk about GWAR and stuff, and how everyone should live to serve me and do my bidding. I'll have minions like I did with my werewolf pack. After a week or two, everyone will be reunified. They'll have the common goal of replacing me! I'll help you guys out by giving everyone a common cause, plus, it would be fun for me. Can't miss that opportunity.. gotta use my status as a reverend for something!" *laugh*

After that phone call, I read a marriage partnership magazine (shush, people! :P) / admired Quan's biology poster / read some of Amos' English textbook until the choir was finally done practicing. Got a ride home with Sam's parents: Sam says a LOT of people (Jason / Julie / Michael / Emily / maybe Isabel...) are getting baptized at Thanksgiving, so I should go get some more baptism cards. He reminded me that blank ones could be used for that purpose, if the congratulations cards didn't quite cut it! I should ask the teen girls on Saturday about who exactly is getting baptized... I'll make them write me a list, haha.

Labels: , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home