Saturday, September 17, 2005

Congee Noodle House and birthday wishes... Phone Losers of America pranks!

A bunch of my friends wished me a happy birthday tonight at church, especially after Billy brought up the idea of treating all the September birthday people (Eric, Derek, Karen, me) to a post-Fellowship meal somewhere. (turned out to be Congee Noodle House on Broadway) Eric joked about the usual stuff with me, Karen gave me a birthday card, I gave Citrus / Karen / Derek their birthday cards (plus Bathroom Reader in Citrus' case), and spent some time discussing beer and my mom's weird ideas with Jeremy. Then I brought up some old Congee Noodle House memories... good times, indeed! Helen tried guessing my age, and she was right: I hesitated a little before confirming that she was correct... I think I need to get used to being this certain age. o_O

We also discussed wifebeaters, tomorrow night, hockey, SLB night (emails), rides, Felico's for my parental birthday lunch tomorrow (it's on Leslie Rd., hahaha), spicy wasabi, Sophia's baby Olivia looking JUST like her, the toddlers, reservations, Amnesiac, Ireland and Guinness, calculus, laundry, and other things. Jeremy mentioned bleaching his keyboard in the shower today since it was so dirty and gunky... it's like the most disgusting thing in your house since people don't wipe it down after using it, and there could be things in between the keys too. He needs to do that for me, hahaha... the letters stay on the keys, and don't get bleached out.

When Jeremy ordered bitter melon with beef on rice, Steph remembered the time when my grandma took the three of us out for dinner: the bitter melon at that Chinese restaurant had the most bitter aftertaste EVER, and there wasn't any rice with it to soak up the bitterness. It's a good thing Grandma doesn't understand much English: we were able to tell her in Chinese that it tasted good, while similarly telling each other in English that it was really disgusting!

Jason and Eric ordered chicken soft bone with mini-peppers: I told Jeremy the story of how Steph's new Toronto friends didn't believe her at first that there were indeed such a thing as chicken knees. When she tried ordering them at restaurants, the waiters looked at her like she was from outer space! So she came back for Christmas and stole a menu for proof, but she gave the menu back the next summer... no worries there! All in all, the whole night was good times. :D

My friend Alyssa sent me a cute birthday ecard with a bear, bunny, and balloons! "I hope you have a great day and lots of fun! Knowing you, I am sure you will be very busy socializing!!!! I know I haven't been around the forum that much, but I still think of you and I hope that all is well with you! Love, Alyssa" Very thoughtful of her. :D

McDonalds sign prank from Phone Losers of America, courtesy of Corey. Look through the whole site... it's hilarious! That's where a lot of prank calls from the CD come from: pizza, tech support, etc.

Labels: , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home