Thursday, November 18, 2004

Dubious two-year anniversary

As I was just telling Dave, today is the two-year anniversary of the time that I almost got run over or killed at #3 Rd. / Westminster Highway. I definitely remember the date very well.. it was kinda dark outside that evening, but I decided to buy some ice cream and stuff at Save-On Foods since I had people coming over here later that night for prayer meeting. On my way back from the store, some idiot in a white car could not wait a few seconds for me to cross the road on my OWN right-of-way! (and yes, I *did* look before crossing the road like usual, thanks very much :P)

I was crossing the crosswalk on my green light, when suddenly a car turned and stopped right in front of me! True, it was dark and rainy out, and they may not have seen me even though I was in the middle of the crosswalk at the time, but still! That was very shocking. Told my friend Yazmine about it all later on, and she said that someone was protecting me. I'd damn well hope so! When I told my brother about it after that, I told him not to tell our mother.. she would freak out. I so definitely didn't want that at all.

When Maxine, Anita, Tim, Mark, and Joe came over later, I definitely told them about it.. turns out that Anita also almost got hit by a car that day as she was driving! Believe me, we all said our prayers and thank-yous that night in spades!

Labels: , , , , , , , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home