Saturday, November 13, 2004

Operation Christmas Child, and guilt-motivated inscriptions on encouragement cards

Had a good time with my friends today. Eric messaged me to make plans.. when I told him that I'd have Pho for dinner if we were going to church early, he ordered me to eat right then. I didn't listen to him, and ate when we got to church. Pho is definitely good stuff! :D

Talked to a bunch of people; gave out some birthday cards, since a lot of people have November birthdays. Also told Winnie that she wouldn't want my sister naming her kid: "Bok" would be a terrible name! *thud* Eric and I also noticed the disparity in gas prices: 81.9¢ as opposed to 69.9¢ a litre. He sang the gas prices out like my sister would... thanks for the reminder! :D

As a result of the plans I made with Michelle, I can go look at potential Christmas presents at certain places. (she's going for lunch earlier, so wouldn't be available to drive me) Briefly considered calling a certain someone, but decided against it as we were stuffing boxes for Operation Christmas Child with lots of things after the program. Possibly tomorrow.. we shall see.

There were a bunch of encouragement cards for the out-of-town students; I picked them up and started reading what everyone had written. Nathan's inscriptions were hilarious.. my brother owes him a lot of money apparently, and Dave makes him think of Chinese buns. Adela and I guilted Phil into signing more cards than he might have been inclined to write in, even if he said he talked to his girlfriend Megan and Dave all the time anyhow. "Look at all that white space calling you!" "It's the small things that count.. of COURSE they'll want to hear from you!"

Eric and I drove Cindy home.. she asked if we missed my brother. It's definitely weird not having Jon around.. as Eric said, "no more chest slaps." (Hon wrote "don't hurt anyone without their permission" in his encouragement card, hahaha) However, we can always keep up with Jon through his blog.. I'd read a comment Eric had left calling him a "girly man." *laugh* Cindy thought it was hard for me since both my brother and sister weren't around; if her siblings (Dianne and Tony) weren't around, she doesn't know what she'd do! Yeah, it's hard for me.. but not much you can do about it. They're coming back sooner or later, though...

Labels: , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home