Thursday, July 15, 2004

A good first phone conversation

Aaron invited me to an RQ chat, so I did that while getting the tally stuff done.. finally finished at 6..
listened to Matt Good and Radiohead to try calming myself..
he called at around 8:10.. the accent wasn't so bad ;)
("right" and "like" sound quirky in a good laughing way!)
it wasn't as nerve-wracking as I thought it might be..
we talked about a bunch of stuff in about 70 minutes, haha!

sushi / bubble tea; the heat there; the trip pictures..
finally hearing the other's voice; weekend doings of poker, meals out, and time with friends..
rambling on about stuff; word usage and patterns we pick up from other people we know..
crappy cell phone service cutting out mid-conversation..
care and appreciation of understanding, personal things..
funny stuff and our sense of humor; evil alarm clocks..
friends' jokes; work insanity which will end pretty soon..

affectionate IM nature; Chinese conservatism; gelato..
a hypothetical BC trip.. I'm not taking him to Daiso!
multitasking (me, the queen of it?); the haggis party..
his feeling better when I buzzed him today to say hi..
compliments; my mail still not getting to him; bills..
not losing friends, but treasuring them.. doesn't understand friends who just drift away..
frequency / detail of journal posting; calling me again..
having a lot of friends; busyness in general; great talk..
finally knowing what the other sounds like; life; etc.

yup, that was a darned good conversation.. it's over now..
it made me feel better about certain things.. yay!
I enjoyed how I spent Nathan's birthday so very much..
currently deconstructing it with Corey.. he knows stuff ;)
although I should make progress about the computer thing!
maybe that'll happen tomorrow or some other day soon..

Labels: , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home