Friday, October 17, 2003

UnaBoard Dreams

I had a dream that involved the UnaBoard again. It started out with my brother, Eric M., and me visiting Linda Leung. (a lady at church who's dying of lung cancer) in the hospital. The hospital wasn't so much a hospital as it was a huge room, much like the gym / cafeteria at Van Tech. (a school near here) Very surreal.. while I might visit Linda, there's less likelihood that Jon would; Eric definitely wouldn't because he doesn't know who she is. (at least, I don't THINK he does..)

Then it somehow switched to an ocean with lots of fish in it. (the backdrop was a huge brightly-colored rollercoaster) Everyone was bringing their fish to someone on a boat, who would then weigh their fish and give them money for the catch. Then all the fish would go into this HUGE fish's mouth for storage. The fishmonger even said that he hadn't seen me around for quite some time, and that I was evidently growing my hair long. For some reason, I felt drawn to stay.

I remember trying to stay afloat on this orange boogie board, and all these books being in the water. Somehow, the water didn't damage them. I was so totally into reading one of the books (about songs transposed to minor keys, kids and fathers, and unusual vocabulary words) that I was then magically transported to the world of the book.

For some reason, this world encompassed the UnaBoard. I still remember having a rather intense PM discussion with dantheman and LadyDragon. (when the discussion goes on for three pages, you KNOW it's involved!) The PMs could be read in thread format, if one wished.. that was another thing about the dream. Nope, I don't remember what it was about.. although I remember a sense of dread before opening them. (in case they were from my former friend.. thank goodness they weren't!)

After that, I was transported to a world where all was glittering.. there were nice people, friends, and kids. Unfortunately, I didn't get to experience much of this world because my friend Yazmine called and woke me up. (we're going to be meeting in a few hours at the Metrotown dollar store)


I have no idea what prompted this subconscious journey. Certainly I've been thinking about books, nice people, kids, my brother, Eric, and my / our other friends.. but then I think about those things all the time. :D I haven't been thinking about any huge rollercoasters, fish, or swimming.. although I *have* been thinking about visiting Linda. (especially since the hospital's across the street.. I should ask Pastor Edward what the visiting hours are like over there)

Haven't been thinking about PMs on the UnaBoard recently, or about specific people messaging me. (although I would feel a sense of dread if my former friend messaged me.. even though there's little chance of that happening) I was at Van Tech a couple weeks ago for the mini-Olympics and dinner / silent auction afterwards, but I wouldn't say that the memories of that night have been much on my mind.

It's true that the Save-On Foods clerk I dealt with last week told me: "It's been some time since I've seen you here.. you *ARE* growing your hair long, aren't you?" I did read something in the Neil Young book about how he'd transpose happy songs to minor keys and play them that way, though.

But I haven't been thinking about fathers lately (not even mine), or about glittering worlds. And despite what certain people (Spoz and Eric) think, I do not think about unusual vocabulary words all the time either. ;) :P

Eh well.. weird dreams are funny beasts. ;)

Labels: , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home