Wednesday, October 15, 2003

Ministry and such

Phoenix has just now offered to mail me a CD with three Ministry songs (Psalm 69, A Mind Is A Terrible Thing To Taste, and Greatest Fits) on it. I think it'll be interesting, especially since I don't listen to Ministry much. (if at all) She's really into metal music: Ministry, Metallica, Judas Priest, etc. This will actually be a change from the stuff I usually listen to.. which will be good. :)

Maybe the three songs are really albums, and she'll burn multiple CDs for me. I have no idea, but this should be good whenever I get it. Definitely, I'll be appreciative. Corey says I should listen to the whole thing at a very loud volume.. could be just the thing for when I feel like getting certain emotions out! ;)

This reminds me of the time that Elizabeth and I were discussing whether certain bands were Christian or not. She insisted that the band Ministry must be Christian since she saw their CDs for sale in the local Christian bookstore. I tried telling her that Ministry was extremely heavy-metal, with lyrics which definitely did NOT glorify God or which could be interpreted as Christian in any way. It's too bad that she didn't believe me!

As I said to my brother at the time, "There COULD be a Christian band called Ministry, but I seriously doubt it!" She and her brother James also thought the band Tourniquet was Christian.. that one, I don't know about. I'd be dubious about that anyhow.


I'm also actually having instant noodles for the first time since it all went down.. eventually, you have to go back to "Old Faithful," and normalcy is good. ;)

Labels: , , , , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home