Monday, March 17, 2003

CNN

Well, I almost never watch CNN (the last time was on the anniversary of Sept. 11).. but as I put it to Spoz a couple of hours ago: "I almost never watch CNN.. but for the both of us, I will. :P" (apparently a funny line, as I got a "hahahahaha" out of that one) I hear that President Bush is going to make an address to the nation at 8 PM EST. (about 3.5 hours from now) So I guess we'll see if the US does go to war against Iraq. Also, Jean Chretien (our prime minister here) has just announced in Parliament that Canada will not support any war moves the US military makes against Iraq.. an announcement that was greeted with storms of applause. In the last few weeks, Canada had been playing a neutral role and trying to find some solution that didn't involve such a drastic measure. (and you don't want to know about the cost of rebuilding Iraq according to the US Congress.. the potential war hasn't even started yet, either..)

Just heard that the only way Saddam Hussein can avoid war would be to step down, give up power, and go totally into exile with his sons and all his government officials within 48 hours.. do you really think he'll follow that "Exile Or Else" ultimatum from Bush? ("Leave Iraq, or face the destruction of your regime.") I don't know about that at all.. plenty of anti-war rallies in the past days and weeks, and Robin Cook has resigned his cabinet position in protest over Britain's stance on this. I have almost no idea about the politics of war or what will happen.. but let's hope we're all still here at this time next week / month / year..

Labels: , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home