Monday, May 16, 2011

Abandonment, Nicholas, Marcus, pulled pork, Go, cornbread, and 3-2 wins in Round 3

Eric picked me up at 9:30 - his phone call may have woken Teunis up, but I thought he'd fall back asleep. We discussed programs for religious Christians, identity in Christ, gas prices, fragrant stuff like hand sanitizer and gum, Saturday hiking (I'm not going!), my Internet persona, speed runs, FINAL FANTASY chocobos, Calvary Church, craziness, Christmas songs, and other things before he dropped me off in the alley. Found a seat near Christon, Jeremy, Jon, and Harmony - Pastor Tom described some hoarders he knew in his childhood, haha. I saw a picture of Jon and Harmony dressed up as pirates which Teunis might appreciate, so I made sure to save the bulletin. We saw an epic Rebecca Black parody video done by Andrea for their camp this year - HAHAHAHA! Later, Jon asked how I'd gotten to church and where Eric was: I considered telling him that Eric had abandoned us for good, haha. Had one thing from the snack table before I noticed Mr. Creep nearby; I quickly left the room to go upstairs, and said hi to Frances / Lee / Lily / Hannah / Gavin / Maxine / Joshua / Keenan / Paul / Helen / Nicholas / Cory / Auntie Catherine / baby Marcus, who looked at me a lot. Jeremy and I also discussed his Internet service changing.

Saw Ada, Alexis, Mattias, Anastasia, Ramen, Shira, and Ashley at Toddler Sunday School; said hi to Rachel's grandma and Jessie while playing with Legos and giving out stickers. I let Mattias have a half-sheet of tiny stickers because he was crying a lot when Chung wanted to pick him up; that proved sufficient distraction from not getting to play with the toys anymore, haha. Went downstairs to see Kevin and Randal talking to Mr. Creep about lunch at some Mexican place, and Jon getting hit up by Hilary for sponsor money - I asked Jon where everyone was, and he said that what I saw was what I got. Jeremy had apparently left a long time ago, which I wasn't expecting. Eventually, I decided to bus to Jeremy's after getting Jon to let him know - while talking to him, I just missed the bus, so I went back in the church to call Eric. He said he was just around the corner, and agreed to just drop me off at Jeremy's after going to the bank. Christon called to see whether I'd be okay with Mr. Creep at lunch - NO! WHY DO YOU THINK I OPTED TO GO TO JEREMY'S?!

When I got to Jeremy's, he was attempting to make an omelette in a wok; that seemed to work out well, and I actually had a bit of it with my rice. We talked about lunch, Radiohead, Björk, U2, Tori Amos, shuffle, Darryl, Weird Al, Go / Othello / Blackjack, Paul, werewolves, vampires, Christon leaving things behind, Jon, Harmony, the Memphis Blues Elvis Platter / Priscilla Platter, Patricia, Ray the dwarf who so amused me on New Year's, the big dumpster / a free BBQ grill, computer desks, the hockey game (we came from behind to beat the Sharks 3-2), the "moment of silence" in memory of Derek Boogaard not even lasting a minute because of advertisers / dead air on the radio / November 11 Remembrance Day moments of silence, pulled pork / cornbread / "collard greens" with bacon / watermelon / spicy coleslaw, Christon getting 25 serrano peppers, Grandma (Jon and I both lost the phone number of the respite centre), shiitake mushroom beer, ARRESTED DEVELOPMENT and their Saddam Hussein references, a Kid Rock concert delaying Game 2 by a day, and more. Raymond actually said about six words to me tonight, mainly when I was asking questions of the room in general! (the 5-2 score of the Tampa Bay / Boston game last night, and when the next Canucks / Sharks game would be... he also told me "Ladies first" at dinner) On the way home, Eric teased me about the usual subjects and said he probably wouldn't be going to any playoff parties - good for my wallet and FB interaction, haha. At home, Teunis and I talked about his food supplies / the quiet he'd enjoyed / that pirate picture / garbanzo beans / oats which he can't eat / chili / plans for the week / milk / my making him deaf again / pagan or medieval music.

Labels: , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home