Monday, October 18, 2010

Phil and Grace have a baby Micah now! / Grandma and medicine / Ruling Planet

Phil and Grace finally had their baby Micah Jacob at 5 AM! We knew it was going to be pretty soon if she'd been having cramps yesterday morning before church, and more cramps during the long meeting! Of course, I had to call Steph to tell her that: she was at work, but still took eight minutes out to talk to me. She asked about the meeting, so I told her about the proposal / distraction / comments / selfish "no translation!" wishes. Then she wondered if I'd seen Grandma yesterday - yes, and she'd seemed to be in a good mood. That was excellent, as she'd been pretty angry recently! According to Auntie Eva, Grandma had packed ALL her bags to LEAVE the hospice yesterday morning!

Apparently, Big G has been overdosing herself on her medication for some time: she's only supposed to be taking one a day in the morning, not one in the morning AND one at night! Of course, the respite centre monitors the seniors' medications, but the nurse didn't know what to do since she doesn't speak Chinese! So they called Steph to tell her "your grandma's angry!" She came to see what the problem was, and Grandma said "They're not giving me my drugs!" (which would be funny in other circumstances!) I asked her for the address of the family respite centre, which she gave me (near Vivian / Victoria / Kerr) along with the phone number / intercom buzzer info. You have to be buzzed in and out so that the seniors just can't go out on their own - I don't want to know what a crowd of rampaging old people would look like, haha! Apparently, a social worker had given our parents the name of the place, heh. I'll definitely call before I get there, and then maybe call Steph to see if we can have dinner with Lisa sometime, haha.

Vanessa H. also buzzed me on MSN, asking if I wanted to run errands with her tomorrow - sure! I had told Steph that I might visit Grandma tomorrow, but I guess it'll be Wednesday now. She says she'll call me in a bit - I noticed her MSN name was "finally employed!" so I assume her UBC job interview today went well. She wants to go to Kits, New West, and Richmond (but she COULD do that on Thursday)... however, we can only be out for so long tomorrow, as she got a call from her old job who wants her in at 2:30. I guess 9 AM it is, so I set my alarm again. If we do go to that Caribbean store, I'm SO getting Dave that business card thing I saw last time! (in hopes I'll see him again sometime, haha) And yes, we MUST do bubble tea! I also saw Justin, Bianca, their parents, Olivia, Gladys, their mom, and others at Pho yesterday.




You Are Ruled by Mercury



You love to talk, and you're darn good at it. You are a very outgoing person.

You are a good communicator, and you can get your message across to almost anyone.



You are very energetic, and you get restless easily, especially when you're by yourself.

You are extremely curious and even a bit brainy. You love to investigate everything.

Labels: , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home