Saturday, October 16, 2010

Separating jewels, Ray and water, Jordan in an ADULT SMALL, licking boxes

When Henry picked me up today, I asked what he thought of the whole Pastor John situation. Since he's actually been attending a church in Richmond called The Crucible (in the name of a new start), I filled him in on what had happened that Sunday, and the past church history as far as Pastor Glen was concerned. He thought that I was more connected than he was because I actually do talk to Pastor John, which I guess is true. (he hasn't even talked to the man in three years, apparently) For obvious reasons, he wasn't in service the day of the announcement, but he HAD heard that a lot of people were crying - yes, and even the pastor was crying! I don't know if this will just make Phil the default pastor for now since Pastor Edward is also leaving, but we'll see. Since I had an agenda in my bag, I read some of it out for him: yup, voting is definitely on it! We also talked about Grace: he saw her last night, and she's huge!

When I got to the building, I decided to make a pit stop. I noticed little Ray clinging to his mom's jacket, and wondered aloud if he were going to follow her into the washroom - he said yes, haha. Boys have to, at four years old or so! I also helped him get some water from the cooler since he said he wanted some. I saw his friends Emily and Owen later, and retrieved some things that his mom had left in the washroom! Went into the fellowship hall, requested Sylver's chair after she and Midora finished a clapping game, and resolved to finish separating the colored jewels today. (I did, even staying "overtime" to do so) Said hi to Sophia, Margaret (who picked up a red jewel from the floor for me), Elaine (First Aid kit), Sabrina (who was sick with a cold), Daniel (inventory man!), Stanley, Harrison and Amos (who liked hitting each other), Sean, Victoria, Eddy (who said that it would be good if his head exploded because then he'd have a HOLE inside...), and a bunch of others: the kids seemed to be wearing their uniforms backwards, because it was apparently BACKWARDS DAY! It was also apparently Food Donation Day, as Christian's dad had a bunch of stuff in a liquor store box, and joked that it was beer! Auntie Vivian wanted to know if I'd seen Jordan, since she had to order an ADULT SMALL uniform for him; I had not, but he was apparently here somewhere. She told his mom that maybe she should put him on a diet, and she looked sad! Later, she told me / Daniel / Chrystal (who didn't get home too late yesterday) about some upcoming Awana events like a Hot Dog Day, the annual Christmas presentation, and a Leader Fellowship Dinner which conflicts with Billie's birthday. I learned little Jonathan and Ashley's last name, too. Saw Tina unexpectedly, who said she was visiting.

At 6, I got to congratulate Maxine in person - she said GRACE had told the whole room, and not Tim! Guess that's what I get for arriving slightly late, haha. Said hi to her sons Joshua and Keenan (who said hi back), before going over to see if there were any leftover snacks. After giving a cheese / breadsticks combo to Billy, Jinny gave the last one to me - NICE! (I promptly ate it when I got home) Once I was in the car after Ian sang something which he assured me wouldn't offend my musical sensibilities (but he refused to tell me who did the song!), I told him why I was giving him a box of Maynard's Swedish Berries (I accidentally ate what I was going to give him three weeks ago!); he accepted the idea that he'd have to share with his brother. Sean just wanted to know how many were in there - I have no idea since I didn't open the box to find out, and I didn't want to get another one just to see! Ian said that his brother wanted to lick the box (GROSS!), asked about the nutritional info printed on the box (all those numbers are for every 11 pieces, not each one!), and warned me that his brother wanted to eat it now - SAVE IT FOR AFTER DINNER, please! That way, I don't get your parents on my ass about stuff, haha!

Told them about Jeas Town ("my brother's friend who liked eating crayons and UNLIT candles") - Ian pointed at Sean, so of course I had to assume that HE ate those items! After I asked them about a trip where they walked a lot and saw a bunch of salmon (and Ian corrected Sean on there being no church next week - just no Awana!), the boys played a game created in the car, which involved Wind Shield / Wind Blast / Tornado / flying / attacks / killing yourself. Ian remembered to thank me for the candy when I was dropped off at home - that was perfectly fine! Got home and checked my email; since there's an ESCC meeting on Monday, Eric thinks that Thursday will work better for everyone. (Committee Meeting and Fellowship on consecutive days again, just like LAST month!) Jen says it does for her, since she actually has to work on Monday, and Pastor John says it's fine for him. So of course I had to fall into step, parroting everyone else. Good thing I hadn't yet sent the email to Jon / Steph / Harmony about the "Lisa dinner date," but I did right after that! Mikaela says there doesn't seem to be much interest in the BORING_PEOPLE chats these days, since she guesses people got busy. Fair enough, as I can focus more on Saturdays now! This is also good for if I ever get a LIFE, haha!

Labels: , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home