Sunday, August 15, 2010

Another unexpected short Sunday makes up for the long one last week!

When Eric picked me up this morning, I asked if he were doing anything like sound / worship / guitar lessons - nope, but he was playing guitar for the worship team this morning. He also kindly gave me a heads-up because guitar lessons are next week: goal for this week is NOT TO SPEND TOO MUCH MONEY, haha. Although there IS Vacation Bible School... speaking of which, I should call Auntie Rebecca later (since she didn't answer the phone at 1:45) to say I might not be able to make it this week! Eric and I discussed there not being a shuffle, my Friday the 13th, my mother, Teunis coming over to clean, how he COULD make a BBQ game for Friday involving me / Lesley / Raymond / Mr. Creep in the same group (NO!), "soon you will come to know fear as I have," STARCRAFT 2, "putrid" hand sanitizer from Shoppers Drug Mart (he's actually kind of right about that generic brand with no scent...), my socks producing heat, STARCRAFT 2 quotes, and more. Thank goodness nobody tried to say hi to me from across the street THIS week! (I love Daniel, but sometimes I like being in my own world!)

Got into service and said hi to Phil and Grace - yes, Phil's grandma IS in town now! He saw her hanging out and talking to my grandma (who's not 92 YET...) last week: no doubt that Auntie Ying introduced them! I got the HUGE bubble solution bottle from Superstore and the licorice twists from my mother out of my bag, and went over to give them to Emily / Nina / Gerard, who thanked me. They'd seen a movie this week, which sounds really cool. I'd have talked to them more, but figured I should head back to my seat when I saw the worship team praying! Said hi to Jordan (who said "hi" back) and Thomas - Jordan even shook hands with me later! Greeted Jeremy with a smile when I saw him a minute later, of course. For some reason, Dave Wong would NOT leave my head this morning during service, and I didn't know why! Of course it's the room where service happens, but it's not like I have memories of him every single time I've been to the sanctuary in the past three months! CRAZY!

After service (and an introduction to Vania's cousin Christine who will be moving to Hamilton next week - she knows Chuck and Andrea!), I asked Jeremy how his week had been - his was good, and he actually asked about mine! (I like when people do that instead of being so self-absorbed!) Told him that Teunis had left my place, and was now at a Vancouver friend's place for a few weeks or so. "Ah, so it's the round of going to friends' places so you don't overstay your welcome?" Yup, exactly that! Then we complained about the government and money for a bit after I told him that Teunis planned to go to Kwantlen in Surrey for school - danged student loan requirements! Saw Denise / Julie / Vicky when I went to say hi to little Mattias, as well... then asked Cindy (while wishing her a happy early birthday) about the side dishes for Friday. Canned corn works for me! However, there seems to be a lot of corn already on this list that Cindy's just emailed to the small group, so I'll get one or two jars of this Greek-Italian blend of pickled peppers / vegetables (Krinos Giardiniera) from London Drugs instead while I'm picking up the new hand sanitizer! (I emailed that to the small group - emailing Dave Wong in the process - which I don't mind... and she says that sounds great!) She also asked me how I was - I wasn't prepared for that question! Apparently, Eric had told them that I wasn't feeling well on Friday; I guess that works! ("Do you want me to tell them that you're paranoid about the shuffle that might happen TWICE A YEAR")

Went to the fellowship hall (spotting Chris on the way), where I witnessed Jonathan paying back a girl all in pennies for some tax. He asked Michelle if she had any he could borrow, but found enough in his wallet... that earned him a "so I opened my wallet for NOTHING?!" Rich saw this while he was trying to get away from Gabriel, and pronounced him crazy! Had a few chips while feeding some Craisins to Mattias - he knows what he wants, all right! Eric came up to me after a while and said that he was leaving soon; apparently his brother Kieran's back in town this weekend, so it was a family brunch! Told him to watch my stuff while I went upstairs to let Auntie Ying know. While he was telling me this, Geoffrey came up to us, so we had to say hi. He noticed my pink AVEC LES COMPLIMENTS DE VICTOIRE T-shirt, and commented on the French. I must have been feeling unsmiling or something, but my answer of "Yes, I do" might have discouraged further conversation. Ha, I had to get upstairs anyway! After I told Auntie Ying that I wouldn't be teaching, she tried getting me to stay for a bit - I HAD TO GO, AND RETAIN CONTROL OVER THE SITUATION! (and no, I didn't have the material - she doesn't need to know that it was in my bag downstairs the whole time, or that I stayed for five to ten minutes afterward!) Of course, I could have told Jessie, whom I saw heading to the room with her kids. Oh well. Saw Connie, Christian, Kaitlin, Maxine, Joshua (who's now FIVE - and still hides from me!), and Keenan - Christian sang an Awana song for me and Jessica, and Connie said that he had to correct Mommy when SHE got it wrong! Hahaha, gotta love kids!

Went back downstairs, and saw that my stuff had been moved - Eric had placed it near his guitar on the side of the room, not right in the middle where I'd dropped it, haha. He said that Mr. Creep had passed within a foot and a half of it - yikes, indeed! Then I saw Lucas, who heads to Hong Kong for five months on Friday - of course I had to talk to him for a couple of minutes! He doesn't know what to expect, but I guess you just have to deal, as I was telling Teunis last week about a quite different kind of situation! Says he gets back on January 1, which is a very easy date to remember! Hugged each other goodbye while wishing for the best, of course. Thought I saw Serena in the corner, but didn't get a chance to talk to her since we were really on our way out then! (Kieran had just woken up at 11 or so, and Eric's parents had to call him back with a brunch location) Saw Fidela on my way out, so had to hug her hello - she's back for good from Atlanta! I explained that I couldn't stay and chat, of course. Then I saw Wes and Esther with their baby girl, who has the unfortunate name of Harley or Harleigh... I saw nothing wrong with saying "Like the motorcycle?!" to Esther when she told me what the baby's name was!

While Eric and I were complaining about the heat (it was 11:25 and it was 29 degrees!), we passed the bus stop across the street from Rupert Skytrain Station. I thought I saw Dave Wong with his bike waiting for the bus! Maybe THAT was why he was in my head all day - I mean, that WOULD be his neighborhood... Eric said that he could go BACK so I could yell HI! out the open window, but I told him that it would look too staged or whatever, and that the moment had passed anyhow. I could always ask him later via phone call (which idea I quickly discarded) or via Facebook somehow... I chose to make a light comment on Wesley's wall post of three weeks ago expressing concern about where he'd been lately. I don't expect an answer to "Thought I saw you at this particular bus stop an hour ago; you wouldn't have recognized us in the car. You SHOULD visit your small group cronies - we miss you!" If it wasn't him, then no matter... I'll still look like an idiot, but maybe less of one if such a thing is possible! Then he tried convincing me that he was serious when he said I had to get rid of my paranoia about Mr. Creep (HE STILL OFFENDS MY PSYCHE!), or else I'd become a recluse! He wondered whether I was serious myself about not going to Bible Study ever again; maybe, maybe not. We talked about Jon and Harmony's whereabouts these days (too many weddings...), O'Hare's for brunch (the green pub near my parents' place) instead of De Dutch Pannekoek House, conspiracies, DARKWING DUCK, (counting) death threats, #4 / Alderbridge, where Steph was these days (work? road trip?), killing a bunch of people, EPIC FAIL at slamming car doors, and more prior to his dropping me off before noon.

Labels: , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home