Friday, August 13, 2010

Friday the 13th, go away! (forgetting wallet, keys, bus pass, and more)

This hasn't been my day at all, and I'm not sure if Friday the 13th wasn't a factor! I was going to spend time with Grandma, but I forgot my bus pass / wallet / townhouse keys all at three separate times when I was going to take the bus. (ditzy? dementia?) Of course, this made me miss the bus at least once! When I finally got to the townhouse at 1:45, I could only have half a bowl of noodles before I couldn't finish any more, so Grandma told me to throw it in the garbage. She was about to tell Mom about that when SHE got home (only 15 minutes of peace!), but I forestalled that. Mom asked if I'd gotten a ride to VBS next week - I only told her that Henry could, but she doesn't need to know that it would only be for the second week! Thinks that Dad could give me a ride, but I need to call Martin...

Then Mom decided to only give me $15 as opposed to the $25 she promised me because I was "late" in spending time with her: "You have to be here before 12, because she gets impatient and wants to eat! I'm only giving you $15 because of that!" She also gave me some expensive Hong Kong watch - I don't care if it cost $800 in Hong Kong money!

Went to Safeway with Grandma, but she insisted on going to the nearby Red Carrots farm market to get six bananas (for me) / six cooking onions / eight oranges. I saw all this stuff which could be useful if only Teunis were here, haha. Then I almost forgot that Grandma was supposed to get the MING PAO Chinese newspaper for Mom, but rectified the mistake at the bus stop. So we did indeed go to Safeway, but she'd already forgotten that we'd bought the onions (which I was carrying) at another place, so asked if I didn't want to have those rung up at the cashier! No, definitely not!

I told her to get off the bus before me, but (FRIDAY THE 13th) forgot that the bus we were on wouldn't take us to my place. Luckily, I did remember within a couple of stops, but (FRIDAY THE 13th) just missed a bus going in the other direction which WOULD take me there! By the time I finally got home, it was 4:15! Fielded a call from Eric, who wanted to know if I was sure I didn't want to leave for Fellowship. After hearing my calendar luck, he tried convincing me that they wouldn't do Shuffle for Bible Study twice consecutively. For all I know, they're going to keep everyone on their toes and throw us into unpredictability! At least if I stay here, I'll be at home in case anything else happens to me! I don't want to get run over (as almost happened TWICE earlier), or have Mr. Creep strike up a conversation with me! Odds are that I'd be really twitchy tonight if I did go! My floor isn't as clean as it was yesterday night, but it's still better than before! Now I definitely need a nap...

Labels: , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home