Tuesday, July 13, 2010

They abandoned clovers and forums! / Faraway Taiwan schools / Misprision

High-scoring words of the night:

FORUMS (165 points) - against Erin Q. [5W used twice, hook off REVIEW for a plural]
CLOVERED (115 points) - against Lori R. [5W]
ABANDON (396 points) - against Douglas N. [two 2W, two 3W] {a good deficit-erasing word!}
THEY (291 points) - against Cheryl W. [5W used twice, two 2W used twice, hook off STAIN to make TA / HI / EN]


Relevant Taiwan conversation:

[23:50:54] Corey: one of my schools just called me, but they don't want to talk to me... they want to talk to Jane
[23:51:29] Flami: .... oh
[23:54:15] Corey: something about sub classes... I'm supposed to be doing one tonight, so I kinda want to know what's happening with that... I think the girl that called doesn't speak much English, though
[23:54:38] Flami: speaking of, whatever happened with that thing yesterday?
[23:55:19] Corey: they want me to go to another school that's way too far away, so I don't know what's going on with that
[23:55:37] Corey: they said I can get 6-10 hours at the close one, but that's not a lot
[23:56:06] Flami: per week?
[00:00:24] Corey: yeah
[00:04:38] Corey: well, I just figured it out... and if I get a few more adult classes to go with those hours, I should have a little over 20 hours a week (which isn't a ton, but it's as much money as the school that screwed me over wanted to pay me for like double the hours)
[00:05:01] Corey: so maybe I can do that. there's supposedly a "free bus" I can take to the faraway school with more hours, so I need Jane to help me look into that
[00:05:10] Corey: she's never heard about it, but the school told me about that
[00:05:43] Flami: the faraway school sounds okay, does it?
[00:07:28] Corey: not if I can't get there... it's like 20 minutes of driving, so I don't think Jane's parents want to go there and back twice a day... it's way too far to ride a bike
[00:09:19] Flami: so you believe them about the free bus?
[00:10:44] Corey: well, they probably do actually want me to be able to go there and work, so I don't think they're lying about that... I don't know how practical that would be, and Jane doesn't know about it
[00:24:18] Flami: hmm...
[00:24:28] Flami: hey, can you get Axe Shower Gel over there?
[00:33:56] Corey: no! that's what I use though
[00:34:02] Corey: I brought three
[00:34:40] Flami: my brother and sister-in-law gave me one, and you can have it
[00:35:57] Corey: what kind?
[00:36:46] Corey: I use Snake Peel... why did they give you that? that's for guys, and they advertise it as something that attracts women like crazy.... that's about the least girly thing you can get
[00:38:31] Flami: they're moving on Saturday, and are trying to clear excess stuff out of the house
[00:40:29] Flami: it's Purifying Skin Contact shower gel
[01:15:16] Corey: apparently the school just told Jane lots of things about my new classes that start on Friday, which is hopefully useful because I don't really know what to do in that class other than just follow the book


Trivia fact for Tuesday, July 13: Misprision is a crime that could land someone in prison. What is it? It's the neglect or failure to prevent or report a crime by someone who is not an accessory to that crime.

Labels: , , , , , , , , , , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home