Monday, July 12, 2010

Double Rainbow Meme! / Stupid calendar accidents!

Marina Van Galen tried adding me on Facebook - I DON'T THINK SO! Also tried calling Chrystal, but I was told that she was sleeping since she's not feeling well... yikes! Wonder what that'll do to our plans tomorrow - at least she can call me back whenever!

This is Jeremy's "incredibly thorough" explanation of the Double Rainbow Meme for Isabel and everyone else: They do a series called "auto tune the news," which is quite popular. Apparently, the group is called The Gregory Brothers, and they have a website. The Youtube channel with all the videos (including Double Rainbow) is there... which is a autotuned mashup of this video, which was posted by Hungrybear9562 on January 8, 2010. The video exploded in popularity after a tweet about the video by Jimmy Kimmel early this month. The original video has over 3 million views, and video mashups and parodies are flooding in. The Rocketboom Institute for Internet Studies is currently studying this breaking meme, and you can find more information on the development of the meme here. Double rainbow all the way!


I was early to meet Eric today, and almost instantly went into "crazy mode" when he picked me up. Discussed the past 24 hours, Teunis' trip being cut VERY short (Jen and Dylan were like "WHAT?!" when I told them and Kevin), theme songs, hair, Subway, French, being unnecessarily formal, hand sanitizer / OCD, civility, winks, and more on the way to church. The Subway guy slowed us down when he wanted to make sure a bunch of stuff was in my sandwich - c'mon, I have a FRIEND waiting! Of course, Eric thought it was ME, so he had time to get his jacket from the car. Ugh... all the rooms at church were locked, too! Eventually, we met in the fellowship hall - however, we had to move when the Chinese worship team came in to practice. Clara got Auntie Rebecca to open the lounge for us with her key, at least.

We discussed camping / hiking, black olives (Deb's trying to get Dylan to like them), (black) bears, Evites, fire, water, consistency in being a Committee Member, sleeping on the ground, air mattresses, the Philippines, Sheena not coming to Fellowship much (she was close to Andrea, who's gone now), the grad banquet, the PNE and some people I don't know, my birthday, Dave Wong having to work on Fridays at Kin's Farm Market (Dylan knows this - Dave says to pray he gets a job soon!), Johnny being in class, Ivan, the heat, program planning, and more during the meeting. I offered berry candy to everyone, and made Dylan take the leftovers home to Deb. Dylan offered some quiche that his sister-in-law made, too. Apparently, Raymond made a BIG MISTAKE with discretion in regards to some monetary donations and such -HAHAHAHAHA! Dylan thought he should know better since he works for the government! Yes, a Fellowship group is not even COMPARABLE to a government job, but still... HAHAHAHA!

On the way out, Eric said that he associated Sept. 17 with my birthday, but not with Uncle Stephen! Dylan said that we could now look at it as the ___ anniversary of our 30th birthday - I suppose so, but I'm still angry at these accidents of the calendar! Eric suggested taking the anger out on his car door, but I'd already done that - it was HIS door that wasn't closed properly that time! I told him NEVER to pretend like he wasn't taking me home EVER AGAIN, especially since Dylan was RIGHT THERE in his own car - so unless he wants Dylan to think that he's some sort of ass, he shouldn't do it! Then Eric tried joking that we'd go to Kin's Farm Market on Fridays to buy fruit - I DON'T THINK SO! We also discussed the big silver Lenin head, yummy brains, being lazy, zombies, brown surprises, no hiking for me, Billie and Teunis, sleepovers coinciding with houseguests, dirty minds, being mesmerized, and other things on the way home.

Labels: , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home