Sunday, July 11, 2010

Bad Movie Night 3 / Hostage Crisis

Troll 2
Warrior of the Lost World
Love Story 2050
Equilibrium

Decided to take the mushrooms and bean sprouts along for the salad that Christon was planning to make, since they won't keep for a week. It should be okay since Teunis and I bought them on Wednesday, and they've been in the fridge ever since! I just missed the Canada Line train which would have let me be on time to meet Jeremy at his place, and I accidentally got off at the wrong stop on the 99 Express bus... Fraser instead of Main. Luckily, it was a walkable distance even for me, but I wasn't impressed since I was running late already.

Recognized the Sushi Yama / Pho Thai Son near Jeremy's place, so was going to cut across the nearby park when I spotted the Christon-mobile around the corner. Christon waved to me, and I waved back before getting a little closer to yell that the bus was late. Jeremy had screwed up (getting into the car with Christon), but had redeemed himself by seeing me from across the park: "There she is!" Oh yes... changing plans or saying that I'd missed my connection would be difficult!

Went to pick up Firewood Pizza, then went to a house to pick up Randal and Jen. Of COURSE they were together! *rolleyes* When we were on Highway 1, Jon called us to say that he was leaving his house... you should have called an hour ago, man! Discussed Daniel and Michelle's house, Michelle's small-town origins, not being able to hear the main road, Panago, Portland, foam in furniture, a run to the liquor store, rose wine, apricot wheat ale, and various other things. Google Maps failed us when we got to Primula / Sequoia / Wilberforce / Aspen / Cariboo Heights, so Christon had to call Nathan to inform him that the house didn't exist! Turns out there was an unmarked alley which didn't have a street sign - the maps completely missed that! Jeremy said that if Jon went there, he'd totally get lost!

Got into the house eventually, admired Daniel and Michelle's downstairs, and ate pizza while discussing wine / goat cheese / salad / a book Christon got Nathan for his birthday. "99 Ways To Regain Your Virginity! Oh my!" Hahaha. I had to be careful not to miss the step leading from the kitchen to the foyer! We went downstairs to start TROLL 2 - the movie is really about goblins, and there are NO trolls in it! The plot features a family going to a town called Nilbog ("goblin" spelled backwards), but the young boy sees his dead grandpa, who warns him that the town is evil... the parents are rather cold toward this! DON'T EAT THE GREEN FOOD! Classic line: "I know you love him, but you need to banish him from your heart!" Hahaha!

Then we watched the MST3K version of WARRIOR OF THE LOST WORLD - this movie didn't really impress me or Isabel, who'd shown up halfway through TROLL 2 with some pastries. I was just thinking how I'd get home if this movie night extended for too much longer... and then OF COURSE Nathan wanted to show us some clips of a Bollywood movie, and Christon wanted to see something of EQUILIBRIUM! Jon told me to shut up, but I smacked him. Seriously, how hard is it to think of your transit-dependent friends once in a while?! He said the last train was at 1:15, but I knew we'd have a transit trek before THAT!

As it turned out, we saw Daniel and Michelle (back from Hannah's wedding) for about five minutes after we finally figured out the money cost for the night. Discussed Auto Tune, Video Sift, memes, Double Rainbow, glass in beer, chairs ruining the painted concrete, and more. Then we crammed six people in the Christon-mobile for a few minutes before Jon and I got out at Production Way. (Jon said it was my favorite station - haha, whatever!)

We heard a train LEAVE the station as we entered it - Jon took that time to call Harmony to tell her where he was. Then he called Steph and tell her (among other things) that I was cackling in public. HA HA HA. I was doing so, but it wasn't a BAD thing! At least when we got to Broadway / Commercial, it was somewhat familiar territory. Got to the Canada Line station, and it was home free from there on the penultimate Brighouse train of the night - I did thank Jon for making sure I didn't get lost since it was so late.

Figured I'd have to walk home from Richmond Centre, and I was right! (the last bus left an hour before) Thank goodness it was a reasonable walking distance! Next time, we should have movie night in a more central location! Maybe Eric not going out was a good thing for him, but he was SUPPOSED to be my ride - UGH! Got home and discussed guestbooks, being tired, Andrew's email getting hacked, made-up words, crossing the border, computers, and other such things with Teunis. I should get to bed now since I have to be up in five hours... yikes!


Trivia fact for Sunday, July 11: For how many days were Americans kept captive in the U.S. Embassy in Tehran during the Iran hostage crisis? 444; from November 4, 1979-January 20, 1981.

Labels: , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home