Sunday, July 11, 2010

So the Spaniards can DIVE to win the WORLD CUP against the Dutch...

When Eric picked me up this morning, he asked how the movie night was, so I told him. He then wondered whether Nathan had told me that the WOW raid didn't even happen - WHAT THE. YOU COULD HAVE JOINED US, AND I WOULDN'T HAVE BEEN HOME AT 1:45! As I thought, he had called Christon for the second half, but his new excuse involved doing Powerpoint for worship today. *sigh* Talked about confession / liturgy, writing skills, Mr. Creep, what time I got home / went to sleep (I'm sure he had more sleep than I did!), the World Cup party at Steph's, his being strange for turning his steering wheel after parking, and some other stuff. When I got to church, I noticed Mr. Creep sitting by himself... GOOD! Took my usual seat in the sanctuary (avoiding Auntie Ying in the process), accepted a bulletin from Uncle Peter, and talked to Citrus / Phil / Christon about last night and Hannah's wedding and an upcoming Shanghai / Beijing trip with Sam's family.

Talked to Emily, Nina, and Gerard about the Chinese zodiac - Nina was born in 2000, which makes her a DRAGON! I told them that I was also a DRAGON, and I even had a dragon SHIRT - but wearing it in hot weather would be a BAD idea since it was practically all black! Nathan and I were lazy during handshaking time again, but I did say hi to Deb and others. Steph (in orange for HOLLAND) was impressed that I was there early, but Eric had to lead worship - not much I could do! She reminded me about Dad's birthday dinner next Thursday; apparently, Dad says we could be eating out since it'll be only two days since Mom's final cataract surgery. I was pretty tired, so couldn't really concentrate on a whole lot - there was no coffee on offer when we ended! Went outside for a bit to talk to the little kids (Joshua / Keenan [DON'T BLOCK THE DOOR!] / Christian - whom I called Alex, his DAD'S name - my brain is fried!) and Chrystal.

Asked Chrystal if she wanted to meet up - this week or next is good for her. Just in case I go somewhere with Teunis as he's back again, I opted for this week. She's back to working full-time, and wants to take the Canada Line, so Richmond Centre works for her! Tuesday at 6:30 it IS! (we can have dinner and then maybe do something later before she has to get home) I'm excited! Auntie Lillian (Calla and Acer's mom) wanted to know if I was going to help Auntie Ying, so I demanded to know if she'd sent her down there to ask me! She said no, but it seemed like I helped Auntie Ying a lot. Meh, perhaps so!

Maxine also gave me some extra Sunday School material in the form of three books - of course, I forgot all about that this week! Speaking of Sunday School, I went upstairs (getting Eric to watch my stuff) to make my World Cup-related excuse to Auntie Ying (since I know she saw me earlier) / Jessie / Rachel's grandma. Saw Ramen, Shira, Ashley, Amanda, Esther, and some of the other kids in the room. I told them that I did NOT have the Sunday School material, which was a lie - it was downstairs in the fellowship hall, but I was too lazy to grab it. Should be fine, as they don't really talk to Maxine, haha! As I left the room posthaste, I thought I heard Auntie Ying calling me back, but I was done with what I wanted to do - and we had to LEAVE! (I'll figure it out later) Of course, this means I still have Sean and Conor's Bible / handbooks / Sunday School material, but they'll keep another week!

Once downstairs, I saw Eric trying to carry my stuff along with his guitar - my things may be heavy, but they are not a head or multiple heads as he likes to joke! Talked to Jeremy for a bit: Auto Tune, Double Rainbow, cheering for the Cup itself and not any particular country, and more. Had some chips while saying hi to Victoria / Joe / Helen C. / Nathaniel / Abby / Helen K. / Nicholas. Eric and I left, taking Geoffrey with us to Steph's. Once we came in the backyard window (having been let in by a car), we saw a whole bunch of people there, with others coming later: Randal, Jen, Jon, Harmony, Steph, Nate, Christon, Martin, Wesley, Darren, Denise, Brian, Connie, and three of Steph's other friends.

While watching the DIVING game, we discussed Phil's sermon today ("Stephen has to DIE already!" hahaha) / Panago pizza / beers / SLB / BBQ pork / "juice" / her guestbook / nursing beer (NOT nurses!) / memories / fireworks / burnt Sliders / Steph's bad cooking / STD jokes / making fun of the French / Snuggies. So much diving going on, man... most people were disappointed that Spain won! Geoffrey left after it went into overtime, so that meant I was free to tell Steph that Eric would NOT thank her if I had a third beer! As it was, I was cackling pretty much all the way home (which led to "DRUNK!"), hahaha. Poor Eric puts up with a lot, I suppose - but he IS used to it!

Discussed whether I should contact Dave again, and I tried explaining to Eric exactly why I didn't. Seriously, he COULD just be busy, but man. Status comments are fine, but NO WALL / FOLLOW-UP MESSAGE RESPONSES?! How am I supposed to know that the person's read it? (that's why I usually respond to anything people leave ME!) Now it's time to have a nap, if I can manage to have one without a mystery person from Washington calling me! (I expected the door to be unlocked - Eric thought maybe Teunis would slip the spare keys under the door after locking it - and it was! HA, I WIN AGAIN!)

Labels: , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home