Friday, June 18, 2010

Open Bible Study at Starbucks was okay, except for the new guy!

Of course this thing restarted while I was out! I was LATE to meet Eric today, after all the planning I did to NOT be late! Turns out I *just* missed the C94, so I psyched myself up for another walk through the mall to the Canada Line stop. That was fine, but the 410 that arrived at the bus stop had problems. I didn't want to wait around, so I asked the bus driver in a normal tone of voice whether this bus would be going anywhere anytime soon. He didn't know, as he was waiting for Road Services and the Communications guy - I got off the bus! Took the next 410, which I knew would make me LATE... I explained things to Eric by saying that I hated buses. Good thing I wore my sneakers so I could RUN without killing myself!

Discussed trouble, whether I'd eaten, yesterday's good times at Erin's, the Pho and food poisoning, aggressiveness, his needing to go early to Jeremy's tomorrow, purple trucks, a plethora of idiot drivers, and more. When we got to Subway, Dylan called to make sure Eric knew about something - he couldn't have waited ten more minutes till he saw us in person?! The Subway guy was SO INCOMPETENT - he forgot that I'd specified NO ONIONS, and this was 27 seconds after I'd said so! Eric noticed, and waited to say something until we were in the car again - "Excuse me, but I said I didn't want any onions" is NOT my style, as "NO ONIONS!" is more direct! At least the guy took them off, but STILL... next time, I swear I should claim an allergy to onions! Eric thought that nobody should ask me the wrong thing in Bible Study - oh, HELL NO!

By the time we got to church (noticing an Alberta license plate in the parkade - and I said I never understood how people could just look at cars and determine their make) and met Dylan and Deb in the room, I was getting a bit hungry. Dylan wanted us to go to Bible Study at Starbucks - good thing Eric took over and was polite about our finishing FOOD first, otherwise I would NOT have said something pretty! Vanessa and Cindy came in, and we talked about the email exchange about diarrhea and Depends, plus the food poisoning and such. (Cindy: "There were like 18 emails all about that!") That new guy whom I don't like came in, too - good thing he didn't even try talking to me. To Eric, I wondered why he looked so familiar - he reminded me that I'd gotten mad at him last week. Oh, nice... why did he have to join us?!

Eric and I went with Vanessa and Cindy (thank goodness we didn't go with Dylan and Deb because of the new guy) - I found myself thinking that it's nice we live in a free country where we can hold Bible Study out in the open, even if Starbucks DOES have an insanely early closing time of 9 PM! Some random woman customer came and said something that I couldn't catch - LEAVE US ALONE, LADY! Discussed herbal tea, Tazo organic iced tea with spearmint and lemongrass, using yogurt instead of butter in homemade cookies, coughing, teaching, report cards, public school vs. private school, accountability, coals, callings, going outside to finish Bible Study, and more. I contributed even less than usual BECAUSE of the new guy - you can never be too careful, as I was telling Eric on the way home. Poor Eric - he doesn't understand! Deb wants to make the anniversary evening into the Small Group Outing - these outings should have a FUN component to them, and not be all SERIOUS! It's the day after the guys get back from Portland, and I don't know if Eric's up for driving all the way to Langley from Richmond. He says it's not so bad, but we'll see. (what the fuck is WRONG WITH PEOPLE trying to be POLITE?!) Cindy says that the lesson they learned last time is that the outings should involve food - so true! We'll see... Dylan and Deb drove us back to church (while poor Vanessa took the new guy - Kevin took Cindy home), and we talked about basketball and the Grizzlies.

On the way home after dropping the Bibles off in the building, Eric and I talked about being NICE to new people. I wasn't in the mood, man! In my opinion, the new people are whom I should be CAREFUL around... ever since a person whose name we don't really mention, anyway! We went to get gas, but Eric frustratingly discovered that he'd left his gas cap at a different gas station entirely last week! I switched from AGGRESSION mode to CONCERNED mode, especially when he let out a sigh. I kinda wanted to pat his shoulder, but that wouldn't have been good since he was still driving! So I limited myself to wondering if he could get a replacement (probably not) - he even said it might not be a good thing anyway for fuel efficiency because of the increased likelihood of moisture inside the car. Good thing it's summer and not AS rainy! Luckily, he found the gas cap where he'd left it, on top of a fuel tank! Then we discussed my level of sanity - what do I say every time I start cackling randomly?! I AM OKAY! When we got to my place, he changed his voice (ETERNAL DARKNESS: "You will come to know fear as I have!") and suggested that I should change my library plans for tomorrow, else I'd have to change my ride plans. It's always contingent on a computer restart, but I will this time! I have to pick up my hold of New York: The Novel (Edward Rutherfurd) anyhow!

Labels: , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home