Thursday, June 17, 2010

All hail oil, fat, and grease! / Boiling a large pot of water takes a LONG time! / Armstrong's Line

ANOTHER restart! Ran out of patience with the large pot of boiling water - I read 300+ pages while waiting for it to boil, and it STILL hadn't! I wonder what the guys do at Sunday Dinners... oh right, they have other prep work to occupy themselves with!

I had to call my sister earlier to tell her about one particular effect of the McDonalds grease, fat, and oil - and about the guy eating fries right next to me. Told her that I tried to be decent at least SOME of the time, and also that I borrowed an inordinate amount of true crime from the library. (I realize that rhymes, but I don't want to reword it because I am too lazy! :P) She knows I'm twisted, haha. Also informed her that Mom's old flame (Harrison Ford) got married to Calista Flockhart - she hasn't liked him since he divorced Melissa Mathison, heh.

Trivia fact for Thursday, June 17: When it comes to high-altitude flight, what is Armstrong's Line? It's the point - about 63,000 feet above the earth - at which atmospheric pressure is so low that a person's blood would begin to boil if he or she were not wearing a pressurized flight suit. It's named for Harry Armstrong, the Air Force doctor who discovered it.

Labels: , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home